Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach Upset: Ruslan Should've Had Three 10-8 Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was a good fight and i thought it was very close. The only complaint i have about the fight is the HBO commentators. Roy Jones Jr is incredibly biased and delusional when hes calling a fight and i am sick of hearing it. We get it Roy, you always Root for the Black Guy. If HBO wants to be taken serious again, Get Roy Jones Jr off the Broadcast.

Comment

I'll concede that the first round could have been a 10-8, but no way in hell the second one was unless Bradley went down.
      Really, we're calling 10-8 rounds when somebody is seriously hurt?
      You call a 10-8 round when the opponent doesn't throw back or virtually do anything. Bradley was throwing back the entire time he was hurt. I suppose round 6 was supposed to be a 10-8 round too since Bradley was hurt there as well

Comment

Originally posted by voneric View Post
        Was a good fight and i thought it was very close. The only complaint i have about the fight is the HBO commentators. Roy Jones Jr is incredibly biased and delusional when hes calling a fight and i am sick of hearing it. We get it Roy, you always Root for the Black Guy. If HBO wants to be taken serious again, Get Roy Jones Jr off the Broadcast.
        Exactly.

There's no room for racism today.

Get jones off the mike!

Comment

Originally posted by amayseng View Post
          Exactly.

There's no room for racism today.

Get jones off the mike!
          The Showtime Crew is Generally more Objective!!!

Comment

I don't always agree with Freddie, but in this case, I hear what he's saying. By definition, if a fighter is held up by the ropes, that can be (though frequently, and ******ly isn't) called a knockdown. With :24 seconds left in the second round, that happens pretty clearly. If anything, it falls onto Pat Russell to call the knockdown. Having said that, Russell did a great job in the ring letting them fight and staying out of it. Old school.

Comment

Wasnt Roach saying he was about to stop the fight?

Comment

I'll get to see the fight next Thursday......
                A Rematch won't do Mega PPV #'s, but Respectable Ones,
                From what I'm reading Here, Brad should Give el Ruskie
                Another Dance!!!
                Last edited by jbpanama; 03-17-2013, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Great fight, highly competitive. Tim showed a ton of heart and he redeemed himself from the Pac performance. However, the scoring was atrocious.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                    I'll concede that the first round could have been a 10-8, but no way in hell the second one was unless Bradley went down.
                    Really, we're calling 10-8 rounds when somebody is seriously hurt?
                    You call a 10-8 round when the opponent doesn't throw back or virtually do anything. Bradley was throwing back the entire time he was hurt. I suppose round 6 was supposed to be a 10-8 round too since Bradley was hurt there as well
                    Actually I scored the first round a 10-9 round and round 2 a 10-8. The reason is Bradley was having a very good first round until he got hurt late in the round. Since there was no official knockdown ruled, Ruslan only got a 10-9 from me.

The second round was different. Not much happened for almost 1/3 of the round, but then Ruslan basically turned Tim's legs into spaghetti for the remaining 2/3rds. It was a very dominating round for Ruslan, so dominating that to me, he deserved a 10-8 round. But of course that is just my opinion.

That is why I ended up scoring the fight a draw.
                    Last edited by deanrw; 03-17-2013, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
                      so? bradley's trainer said he was oging to stop the fight earlier as well lol...

truth is the first round should have been 10-8 but the incompetent judge failed to score it a knockdown. the second round bradley was flailing all over the place again looking hurt as hell thus making it a strong case for a 10-8 round..and then there's obviously the knockdown that was actually called when bradley went on his knees. so 3 10-8 rounds....
                      Also in the 6th round when Provodnikov landed that left hook against the ropes Bradley was going down but his butt sat on the ropes and they held him up. 100% he would have gone down had it not been for the ropes so it should have been ruled a KD.

Originally posted by Check View Post
                      So now when you hurt a fighter but he doesn't go down it's always a 10-8 round. Roach is a ***ing crybaby.
                      He wasn't just hurt he was completely out on his feet for over a minute of the round and hurt multiple times. You can score a 10-8 round without a knockdown and if there was ever an example of that the 2nd round was it.

Comment

Working...
                      X