No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach Upset: Ruslan Should've Had Three 10-8 Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FeFist View Post
    A fighter being out on their feet doesn't equal a 10-8 round. Prov had Bradley hurt but it was:

1) Usually towards the end of a round.

2) Bradley was competitive for a significant period of the first two rounds.

It's akin to saying the second round in Mosley v Mayweather should have been scored 10-8.
    Good point on the Mosley fight...I had it a 10-9 for sure but I see your point

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
      Yeah that's the one clear outlier. The rest look good. 114-113, 115-112 Bradley seem to be the majority. The close round in the fight was 11 that could have gone either way.

All these biased trolls and hating ass *****es can go you know where talking about this fight was a "robbery" or a "gift" though. The scorecards say otherwise.

One reason why I love that site.
      Anyone who thinks Bradley would come in there and not fight a different fight in a rematch is kind of out of the loop imo. Tim had several things going against him in this match but in the mid rounds when Tim was boxing, you coule readily see what a rematch would be like.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
        Anyone who thinks Bradley would come in there and not fight a different fight in a rematch is kind of out of the loop imo. Tim had several things going against him in this match but in the mid rounds when Tim was boxing, you coule readily see what a rematch would be like.
        Hopefully he ventilated and got all that built up anger and frustration from the Pacquiao fight out of his system in last nights fight.

Comment

I agree but I'm just saying where do you draw the line? I could see a 10-8 in the 12th (obviously) and 2nd for Provid best case but the 1st round involved an elbow on the back and a shove. I am a huge Bradley fan but I can at least admit that he took Provid lightly to a degree and fought the wrong fight.

It's just that when you start talking the 10-8 round stuff with no KD, you get to the point where guys are screaming for a 10-8 because one man landed a few less punches than the other guy. Bradley is the champ and has a history of being able to weather the storm, maybe that played a part but I personally only give 10-10 rounds and no 10-8 unless there is a KD.
          1 and 12 are different than 2, they'd be 10-8 on the basis of the KDs, if called. No room for judgement. I think the ref missed an obvious KD in round 1, but it's for the best cause he may have been compelled to stop it and we'd miss out. Or Bradley would have taken his time getting up and clearing his head, who knows.

I don't think you have to score 2 10-8 cause he never stopped fighting back, but I would cause I'm amazed Bradley stayed up and finished the round. I'd expect at least one judge to agree, if Tim wasn't the hometown fighter. But thats boxing SOP, I'm by no means claiming robbery or even hometown dec. Great judging otherwise, ref screwup.

Comment

• Originally posted by Young Money View Post
            Feel a bit bad for Roach, he is not having a good run lately.
            roach should stop whimpering....

he knows well enough that his whimpering will not change the decisions...

part of the game where mere mortals are ref and judges...

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              1 and 12 are different than 2, they'd be 10-8 on the basis of the KDs, if called. No room for judgement. I think the ref missed an obvious KD in round 1, but it's for the best cause he may have been compelled to stop it and we'd miss out. Or Bradley would have taken his time getting up and clearing his head, who knows.

I don't think you have to score 2 10-8 cause he never stopped fighting back, but I would cause I'm amazed Bradley stayed up and finished the round. I'd expect at least one judge to agree, if Tim wasn't the hometown fighter. But thats boxing SOP, I'm by no means claiming robbery or even hometown dec. Great judging otherwise, ref screwup.
              I re-watched this morning and there is a camera angle that clearly shows Ruslan with his left elbow on Tim's back and leaning on him...it was a side view different from that GIF floating around. I think that is the main reason why it wasn't called a KD. I forgot about the hometown thing as he doesn't really draw much even in his hometown but I just figured it was because of him being the "champ" and being able to take a punch.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
                Hopefully he ventilated and got all that built up anger and frustration from the Pacquiao fight out of his system in last nights fight.
                No kidding

Comment

I re-watched this morning and there is a camera angle that clearly shows Ruslan with his left elbow on Tim's back and leaning on him...it was a side view different from that GIF floating around. I think that is the main reason why it wasn't called a KD. I forgot about the hometown thing as he doesn't really draw much even in his hometown but I just figured it was because of him being the "champ" and being able to take a punch.
                  Whatever, it was a minor push. If he had legs under him he doesn't go down 3 seconds after taking a punch that put him on ***** street. That's a delayed reaction KD, happens all the time. It's not like Wlad putting all his weight on his back. It's not even like Torres shoving Cotto to the ground. Now that was a push, and also a legit KD cause Cotto's legs weren't under him. But Cotto wasn't half as hurt as Bradley.

You realize if that's called a KD, many (most?) ref will stop it with the fighter in that kind of shape?

Comment

I believe I heard the ref call it a "slip" by Bradley not a push. Ref clearly missed the call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
                      the judges in the us are incompetent, they somehow side with more main stream names. bradley was just moving a lot but provodnikov clearly gave out more punishment. another gift decision
                      If this was the case then wouldn't they have given Pacquiao the decision against Bradley?
                      I do agree with you that more than a few times judges have made mistakes and horrible decisions, but this fight wasn't one of them. It was a close fight, Bradley came back fought his way into the fight. I had it 113-113, but have no problem with the fight going to Bradley.

Comment

Working...
                      X