No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez's Trainer Believes Margarito Had Weight Issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Marquez's Trainer Believes Margarito Had Weight Issues

Nacho Beristain, the trainer and manager of WBO/WBA lightweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez, believes Antonio Margarito had struggled with weight as he prepared for the recent twelve round loss to Manny Pacquiao. Pacquiao-Margarito, which took place on November 13, was fought at a catch-weight of 150-pounds. Margarito weighed in at 150, but came in at 165-pounds on the day of the fight.

[Click Here To Read More]

You don't really need a catch weight.
    By fight night, both of them would probably be under 150.
    Nacho knows manny doesn't bulk up.

Comment

True, the heavier Marg came in at the slower he would be.. No denying that, but Marg couldnt get any lower then 150 anyways without possibly starving himself. Also, not like Marg was a fast fighter to begin with so really the outcome wouldnt of mattered... Maybe Marg would of hit Pac more but thats about it...

Marquez is in with a tough pressure come forward fighter.. This fight on Sat will determine if Marquezs age has caught up to him.. but regardless, a 3rd fight with Pac at 140-47 would all have the same result, Pac with the "W"

Comment

woopss i missed the article.. edited

Comment

Freaking Nacho always tries to take the shine out of every Pacquiao win. Where was he when Pacman weighed 129 at the weigh-in and came in at 144 against Erik Morales on fight night? That's even tougher considering he's a small guy compared to Margarito...

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            Nacho Beristain, the trainer and manager of WBO/WBA lightweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez, believes Antonio Margarito had struggled with weight as he prepared for the recent twelve round loss to Manny Pacquiao. Pacquiao-Margarito, which took place on November 13, was fought at a catch-weight of 150-pounds. Margarito weighed in at 150, but came in at 165-pounds on the day of the fight.

[Click Here To Read More]
            Doe the excuses never stop and people keep trying to discredit Pac? So why is it called a size ADVANTAGE?
            All small fighters are faster but arent expected to beat big good big guys. So why keep mentioning the fact that Pac is faster? He was faster than Diaz as well, and Hattton and they were the same size.
            Stop talking bs. The guy had a 18lb advantage, and not disadvantage. If it effected Margarito he wouldnt have been so bullish and lippy before the fight. He was in the best shape of his life.

Comment

i can swear marquez is a cry-baby. stop talking about manny and talk about katsidis. i hope katsidis KTFO him but i think it'll not stop his mouth.

these golden boys are on it for almost all the time now since manny victory.

Comment

"I said one month before the fight, that Pacquiao would be too fast for him because Margarito is slow. Margarito was too big [in weight] and it made him even slower" - Marquez

this guys just jealous when he weighted 144 he's like turtle-slow whereas pacquiao weighted 144.4 and still lightning fast.

he has no business with manny or any other junior-welterweight/welterweight because he's crap beyond 135.

tim/devon/amir/marcos will toy with this guy. stop chasing pac you don't belong now to his level.

Comment

excuses, excuses by Nacho Libre, I'm sick of this Mexicans giving excuses and whinge all the time.:****you:

Comment

Ahahahah excuses!!!

MARGARITO was in great shape,his body was terrific and strong;NACHO deserves to shut up and not find stupid excuses!!!
                    MARGARITO had no defense at all,his face looked like a japanese...
                    WHY?BECAUSE HE WAS SLOW CAUSED THE WEIGHT......PLEASE!!!!
                    Without his illegal plasters he is nothing!!!
                    WHAT A DISGRACE SOME MEXICANS ARE!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X