No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO Brush Aside Kotelnik: Eye Maidana, Jones For Berto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: HBO Brush Aside Kotelnik: Eye Maidana, Jones For Berto

According to promoter Don King, HBO is brushing aside Andriy Kotelnik as a possible opponent for WBC welterweight champion Andre Berto, and instead pushing for either Marcos Maidana or Mike Jones to land the slot. [Click Here To Read More]

Out of these 3 Berto should rather fight Mike Jones. But it would be better if he fought Aydin (who got a gift against Jo Jo Dan), so the WBC could have only 1 WW champion.

Comment

good i rather see mike jones beat berto junior welters would lose to berto

Comment

Yes.....

Maidana and his people already said they aren't going to move up and rightfully so. So you can erase him from the list.

Jones, Clottey, Mosley, and Cotto are the only ones I'm interested in seeing Berto fight. They will make for a great fight against Berto and have a serious shot at beating him. Berto is not a top 5 welterweight.

Comment

Mike Joens is the better choice between the two.

Comment

Mike Jones: #6 WBC, IBF and #2 WBA, WBO, I think.

Anybody follow this guy? How good is he?

Comment

Mike Jones is a good prospect and at least a WW( really a MW) so yeah, its a more meaningful fight for Berto.

Comment

Originally posted by vercingetorix3 View Post
                Mike Jones: #6 WBC, IBF and #2 WBA, WBO, I think.

Anybody follow this guy? How good is he?
                He's pretty tall and skilled, but when I watched him against Irving Garcia (I think... whoever he fought last), he just kind of lacked something. He was a bit lethargic.

I still think he'd beat Berto personally.

Comment

DK is right! HBO/GBP is trying to feed maidana to Berto in order to clear Khan's path to ultrahype land. This shyt is as clear as day.

Can u even get HBO in the UK or Pakistan/****** nations? If so I respect the scheme but it sure as *** sux for the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Lacrimosa View Post
                    Out of these 3 Berto should rather fight Mike Jones. But it would be better if he fought Aydin (who got a gift against Jo Jo Dan), so the WBC could have only 1 WW champion.
                    Forget about paper titles, it would be better for boxing if we as fans refuse to recognize or even mention any belt that isn't The Ring Champion.

There's already 4 "Champions", yet they're still handing out interim, Silver, Regular, and Super belts as if they were nothing. We don't have to recognize their corrupt garbage.

Comment

Working...
                    X