No announcement yet.

Cotto's Sparring Partners See "Big Trouble" For Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto's Sparring Partners See "Big Trouble" For Pacquiao

Two of the main sparring partners that Miguel Cotto used to prepare for Manny Pacquiao, see a lot of trouble ahead for the Filipino challenger. Pacquiao will try to win Cotto's WBO welterweight title on November 14 in Las Vegas. [details]

Cotto is sparring with chumps, it will all show up fight night if Cotto was sparring with chumps or not.

Comment

as expected that would be the things youre goin to say if you are the sparring partner both cotto and pacquiao.

but comparing the sparring partner pac>>>>>cotto.

Comment

"There are times when I'm instructed to exchange punches with Cotto against the ropes." Ouch.

Comment

Its good to hear this, so Pac knows what hes up against, and dont take anything for granted.

Comment

9 Days! Can't wait!

Comment

I think Cotto is going to hurt Manny. I'm not convinced after seeing
              Cotto get hit so many times with flush power shots by bigger guys
              and outbox speedy fighters that Manny is just going to come in the
              ring and make Cotto look like he has never fought in the ring before.
              Manny is good but can't imagine Manny beating up on Cotto for the
              whole fight without taking punishment of his own. Yes, Cotto has
              flaws but so does Manny and his biggest flaw that might lose him
              the fight is the fact that he has no solid defensive game plan and
              relies too much on his speed when it is known that Cotto is also
              displays good speed as we seen with Mosley. This fight can possible
              turn out to be not competitive at all. Manny is a very good determined
              fighter but the size and experience of Cotto may be a bit too much
              for Manny to chew. All in all will see November 14th whud it do.

Comment

it will all depend on the size difference come nov.14th.Cotto might come in way bigger than pac, and that will be pac's downfall.!

Comment

Hell I like Cotto but I don't think his defence is "amazing". When pushed and especially late down the fight, he often leans forwards into punches, something akin to Jon Thaxton. It's like a lazy roll, that just sets up the upper cut.

I hope it's a competitive fight but I don't think Cotto has more tools either, he needs to land hard a few times to rattle Manny's game, then he can win.

Comment

Cotto is sparring with dudes who have losses while Pac is sparring with undefeated guys who have big size advantages over him. I don't really know but I think Pac is going to be countering and slipping and working the body more than anyone has ever seen him do before. There is no way in Haiti that Cotto's sparring mates could emulate the speed that Pac has. I think it will be a competitive fight though regardless, Cotto is a tough, tough guy.

Another thing I've been noticing watching Cotto highlights: he loves the left hook to the body we all know this but when he throws it, he exposes his body to a left from Pac because of the way he digs into it- it looks kind of like a semi body uppercut. I think with Pac's speed, he could beat Cotto to the punch all night with a quick left to the body himself as Cotto winds up for left and then as Cotto reacts, pulling down with the right to cover up from another left body punch, Pac could slip to the left and come down from above with a strong straight left to the face- setting up a 4 punch combo to the face afterwards.

Just a thought.

Last edited by mathed; 11-05-2009, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X