No announcement yet.

Schaefer Surprised Pacquiao Turned Down Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schaefer Surprised Pacquiao Turned Down Marquez

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer says he is “surprised” that Manny Pacquiao turned down a mandatory title shot at reigning WBC super featherweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez after WBC president Jose Sulaiman called for free negotiations or if it didn’t work, a purse bid on June 18. [details]

Marquez makes people look bad and he isn't worth the risk (when talking about money).

I don't blame Pacquiao. I'm almost sure that Marquez would beat him this time around.

Comment

pacquiao would murder jmm now he has lost a step he got knocked down by marco, he got hit alot by some thai guy with the straight left many times who doesnt hit as hard as pacquiao an he made a war out of a soft punchign south paw jimrex jaca...he would get merked to be honest, jmm made the mistake of not taking the rematch back then...and pacquiao did the smart thing he doesnt need jmm who is jmm to the people? the guy wants 75-25 split in favor of the champ? lol come on pacquiao is the most famous featherweight out right now how is jmm gonna get the bigger purse.

i want to see pacquiao vs valero or guzman to be honest both those guys are undefeated and in there prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Domain View Post
        pacquiao would murder jmm now he has lost a step he got knocked down by marco, he got hit alot by some thai guy with the straight left many times who doesnt hit as hard as pacquiao an he made a war out of a soft punchign south paw jimrex jaca...he would get merked to be honest, jmm made the mistake of not taking the rematch back then...and pacquiao did the smart thing he doesnt need jmm who is jmm to the people? the guy wants 75-25 split in favor of the champ? lol come on pacquiao is the most famous featherweight out right now how is jmm gonna get the bigger purse.

i want to see pacquiao vs valero or guzman to be honest both those guys are undefeated and in there prime.
        Did you not read that Pacquiao could've easily gotten WBC to change the split?
        He simply chose to decline the fight all together...which in my language means that he wants no part of JMM.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer says he is “surprised” that Manny Pacquiao turned down a mandatory title shot at reigning WBC super featherweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez after WBC president Jose Sulaiman called for free negotiations or if it didn’t work, a purse bid on June 18. [details]
          75%-25% PURSE!75% TO THE CHAMPION AND 25% TO THE CHALLENGER!THAT'S BULL****!FORGET THE BELT!TIME FOR PACQUIAO TO MOVE TO THE NEXT LEVEL AND FIGHT JUAN DIAZ!

Comment

You people must be unable to read.

Why would he write a letter declining the fight all together when he could've used that same energy towards writing a letter opposing the split?

I know his advisors made him aware of that option.
            Why didn't he exercise that option?

I'll tell you why...he doesn't want to fight JMM.

Comment

Originally posted by jack_the_rippuh View Post
              Did you not read that Pacquiao could've easily gotten WBC to change the split?
              He simply chose to decline the fight all together...which in my language means that he wants no part of JMM.
              and do you think jmm would agree to less than 50%? i dnt think so, jmm thinks he can fillup the stadiums now that he has the belt, but its not the case. pac is the main draw. i think even pac fighting an unknown solis surpassed the mab-jmm fight.
              Last edited by Bogler; 05-28-2007, 09:20 PM.

Comment

he wants to fight jmm... pacquiao is jmms meal ticket any feather who figths pacquiao will be getting there biggest purses yet!

pacquiao did the right thing...and arum told pacquiao not to take the fight.

everyone feather wants pacquiao even lightweights like juan diaz because they know they will get there biggest purse win lose or draw...look at that dude Solis he chickened out and couldnt handle pacmans going 30 percent on him and basically quit but faked being hit.

I would rather see a prime valero, and guzman vs a prime pacquiao not some jmm who had his chance 3 years ago for a rematch but out bid himself.

Comment

oh how the tables have turned.

Comment

I can't assume anything. I don't know what JMM will do or what he will ask for in terms of money...

All I can talk about is the facts that are in front of me... Pacquiao shot down a chance at JMM without even exercising the option of negotiating.

Their first fight was a controversial fight and JMM is the current champ of the division.

Why not atleast try to negotiate instead of completely writing it off? Explain that to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X