No announcement yet.

Is my diet OK?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my diet OK?

Is my diet OK for losing weight? Here it is.

BREAKFAST: Cereal(usually whole grain cheerios) with some blueberries or strawberries and some OJ

LUNCH A sandwhich on whole wheat bread, Usually Tuna or Roast Beef. Either that or a roasted Chicken from Subway. Plus usually an apple or Banana

SUPPER Usually whole grain rice with chicken breast on the George Foreman grill, or baked potato with Steak or Pork. I also eat ALOT of baked salmon and Alot of whole wheat Pasta.

If I snack at night it usually is fruit or no fat yogurt. I`ve lost a lot of weight since I took up boxing and switched to this diet, but I was just wondering what changes or improvements I could make. Thanks.

meat will improve your muscle growth after trainning, fruit and veg supplies a great energy , vitamins and minerals. rice is good for energy and for a relaxing meal after trainning.
    try eating porridge/oats on a morning for a slow energy release through-out the day until your next meal. eat more eggs(not fried or scrambled) and eat white fish more than red fish!
    eggs are good for lunch and also steak or chop without the fat! do not eat bacon regulary due to the fat amount.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Canada

BREAKFAST: Cereal(usually whole grain cheerios) with some blueberries or strawberries and some OJ

LUNCH A sandwhich on whole wheat bread, Usually Tuna or Roast Beef. Either that or a roasted Chicken from Subway. Plus usually an apple or Banana

SUPPER Usually whole grain rice with chicken breast on the George Foreman grill, or baked potato with Steak or Pork. I also eat ALOT of baked salmon and Alot of whole wheat Pasta.

If I snack at night it usually is fruit or no fat yogurt. I`ve lost a lot of weight since I took up boxing and switched to this diet, but I was just wondering what changes or improvements I could make. Thanks.
      id say your diet overall looks really good, good amount of whole-grain foods, as long as you keep meals spread out throughout the day, you should be doing good. Always drink alot of water throughout the day as well.

Comment

looks pretty, would eat oathmal for breakfast instead off cheerios.

you should also eat more often, divid the meals.

snack on greens and peppers.

by the way what do you drink?

Comment

Pretty much Water and thats it. Coffee in the morning to and maybe a couple beers on the weekends.

Comment

Ditto on the Cheerios....

Check the nutritional info and you will see they contain a lot of fat for a cereal. Any "formed" cereal uses fat to get the grain to stick together. Be sure to take a good multivitamin with minerals also.

Comment

looks good to me.

Comment

I don't like your diet. It's better to eat about 5-6 small meals a day. You need more protein in your diet aswell, about .8grams per pound of bodyweight should be good. And more protein and more food at breakfast, that should be your biggest meal of the day. Your body has been starving the whole nightbefore.

Comment

Your diet is a very good one for the average person. But if you're boxing you definitely need more lean meats and/eggs for protein. Like My_sport said smaler protions more often are better.

Also, nuts (in small doses daily) are very good for you. Some almonds in there will help alot.

Comment

Originally posted by My_Sport
                    I don't like your diet. It's better to eat about 5-6 small meals a day. You need more protein in your diet aswell, about .8grams per pound of bodyweight should be good. And more protein and more food at breakfast, that should be your biggest meal of the day. Your body has been starving the whole nightbefore.
                    8grams off protein for eachpound off body weigh.....are you insane?

that would mean i would have to eat 1520 grams off proteins a day thats.

that means i would have to eat about 15lbs off chicken breast a day

Comment

Working...
                    X