No announcement yet.

Junior Witter Aiming For Ricky Hatton Battle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junior Witter Aiming For Ricky Hatton Battle

Junior Witter hopes beating Vivian Harris will lead to a world title unification fight or a long-awaited showdown with old rival Ricky Hatton. [details]

From interview.....

"If Ricky does not step up to the plate then I would love to fight Malignaggi and take him out at Madison Square Garden.
    "I don’t mind going to New York to fight him, I’ll fight where ever it doesn’t bother me. They build these Americans up and I’m ready to knock them down.

This would be a great fight if Hatton decides Witter is too much risk for little gain...... both these guys have styles to make an interesting punch up

Comment

Hatton was never a rival to Junior Witter. He has always been several notches above Junior. When Witter started using Hatton's name to try and bolster his career Hattonw as already looking at regional championships. When Witter was looking at the British championship Hatton had the WBU belt, when Witter had the British championship Hatton beat Tszyu for the IBF belt, and by the time Witter got himself a world title Hatton was a pound for pounder and a world class name.

Comment

Hatton has said in at least two interviews that I've read that he WILL NEVER fight Witter. He says he dislikes him so much that he'd rather lose a title if he were his mandatory than give him the satisfaction of earning a big payday against him.

I doubt we'll ever see a Hatton-Witter match so it looks like Paulie might get a chance at unification.

Comment

witter is just a nightmare for hatton if they ever fight. hatton's handlers knew that from the start thats why the fight never happened and probably never will.
          witter was the main challenge for hatton at many points in his career but never fought him.
          truth is hatton has had many chances to fight witter but instead took many easier fights.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
            Hatton was never a rival to Junior Witter. He has always been several notches above Junior. When Witter started using Hatton's name to try and bolster his career Hattonw as already looking at regional championships. When Witter was looking at the British championship Hatton had the WBU belt, when Witter had the British championship Hatton beat Tszyu for the IBF belt, and by the time Witter got himself a world title Hatton was a pound for pounder and a world class name.
            if it's like that then floyd has no reason to fight hatton as he is alot of notches above ricky

Comment

Maybe if Witter pipes down the chat and actually puts in an impressive performance, Hatton may consider fighting him. If Ricky loses to Mayweather, Witter is a viable option, despite the fact he's a grade A dickhead.

Comment

Originally posted by msagrain View Post
                hatton to knock him out within the first 5 round. easy , easy , easy .... you shut upppppppp. arrr avvvvv it
                if it was easy the fight was done long time ago even before the Tszyu fight they are both english fighters and could create a big hype and money even if it was in england.

another thing Witter called out Hatton the same way Hatton called out Mayweather and got his fight.

If Hatton lost to Mayweather then Witter fight is a good option for Hatton if not then it is semi-impossiable

Comment

why can hatton duck witter his whole career and no one cares but when floyd didn't wanna fight margarito everyone talks ****

Comment

Working...
                  X