Heavyweight contender Dillian Whyte is not pleased with Eddie Hearn's talk of a full division unification between Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua.
Hearn, who promotes Joshua and works closely with Whyte, says a unification between Joshua and Fury "has to happen this year."
On Saturday night, Fury produced a phenomenal performance to capture the WBC title from Deontay Wilder.
In a much-anticipated rematch in Las Vegas, Fury knocked the previously undefeated Wilder down twice and won via TKO in the seventh round when the Wilder's corner threw in the towel.
Fury now holds the WBC heavyweight strap, just over four years after he sensationally beat Wladimir Klitschko to become a world champion for the first time.
The WBA, WBO, IBO, IBF titles belong to Joshua, who avenged his shock loss to Andy Ruiz Jr. in December, and Hearn feels the two Britons must now meet in 2020.
Wilder now has 30 days to demand a third fight with Fury through a rematch clause, although the one-sided nature of Saturday's bout would appear to reduce the chances of the two meeting again.
Hearn suggested Joshua now represented a much more enticing option for Fury, given the winner would become the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world.
"No need for a third let's go straight to it in the Summer! #undisputed," wrote Hearn.
That comment did not sit well with Whyte, who wasted no time in responding.
“How about doing what’s right and forcing him to fight me first as number one challenger,” Whyte said.
But Whyte is the mandatory challenger and holds the WBC's interim-title. Fury has until February of 2021 to face him.
Should Wilder not exercise his option for a trilogy fight, Whyte wants to get is crack at the WBC title. Whyte, who is slated to face Alexander Povetkin in April or May, has been the WBC's number one contender since 2018.