Weights from Moscow: Provodnikov 146.6, Castillo 146.2
Former junior welterweight titleholder Ruslan Provodnikov made weight for his bout Friday night in Moscow against Jose Luis Castillo, coming in at 146.6 pounds while Castillo, the highly faded former lightweight champ, came in at 146.2.
Provodnikov is coming off a split decision loss to Chris Algieri in June, a defeat that left him without the belt he had won at 140 pounds over Mike Alvarado last year. Castillo has pickd up two wins since dropping a decision to Antwone Smith in early 2013.
On the undercard:
- Notable actor Mickey Rourke, who briefly fought as a pro boxer two decades ago and went 6-0-2 with 4 KOs, is coming back to the ring at age 61. He weighed 179.2 pounds, as did his opponent, Elliot Seymour.
- Undefeated cruiserweight prospect Dmitry Kudryashov came in 199.1 pounds. Long-ago cruiserweight titleholder Juan Carlos Gomez was overweight at 203.7 pounds.
- Rakhim Chakhkiev was 199.3 pounds. Jackson Junior came in at 183.9 pounds.
- Andrey Klimov was 129.85 pounds. Gabino Cota was 129.4.
- Eduard Troyanovskiy came in at 140 pounds. Jose Augustin Feria weighed 139.8.
- Sergey Lipinets was 139.6 pounds. Ernie Sanchez came in at 140.4 (Note: Sanchez later stepped on the scales for a second time and was 139.6 pounds)
- Yegor Mekhontsev weighed 174.4 pounds. Joey Vegas was 177.25.
- Dmitry Bivol was 179 pounds. Jorge Rodriguez Olvera was 173.3.
- Sergey Kuzmin came in at 259.7 pounds. Nicolas Buule weighed 199.7.
[QUOTE=boxing maniac;15139687]They're paying Castillo 500 k to fight Provodnikov but Warriors tried to get Roberto Garcia this fight and Garcia told them I'll fight him for 250k but they decided to go with Castillo... I wonder why ?[/QUOTE] [I][B][FONT=Arial]Where did…Comment by boxing maniac on 11-28-2014
They're paying Castillo 500 k to fight Provodnikov but Warriors tried to get Roberto Garcia this fight and Garcia told them I'll fight him for 250k but they decided to go with Castillo... I wonder why ?Comment by wiz1030 on 11-28-2014
[QUOTE=TotalStud;15137277]This whole card is just strange and surreal. Mickey Rourke, Castillo and Chakhkiev on the same card. If we had a match between a couple of toddlers there would be something for every age group.[/QUOTE] Is Kimbo Slice on this…Comment by Suavecito80 on 11-28-2014
[QUOTE=turnedup;15137514]Nobody else wanted to go to russia, so I give Castillo credit for traveling to go collect a check.[/QUOTE] He will also be collecting a beat down.Comment by Journeyman on 11-28-2014
im surprised JLC even made weight... (r.i.p. diego corrales)Post a Comment - View More User Comments (14)