MGM GRAND, LAS VEGAS - Yesterday the final press conference for Deontay Wilder-Luis Ortiz 2 was held for their upcoming showdown that takes place on Saturday.  Wilder's WBC heavyweight title will be on the line and the fight will headline a 4 fight FOX pay-per-view card.

After the press conference BoxingScene.com caught up with WBC President Mauricio Sulaiman to discuss a variety of topics including the status of the WBC welterweight title.

Errol Spence captured the title in September when defeated Shawn Porter by split decision in a candidate for 2019 Fight of the Year.  With the victory Spence, who also has the IBF title, became a unified champion.

Last month the Texas resident was involved in a horrific car accident in which he was ejected from his vehicle.  It was reported that Spence only suffered broken teeth and lacerations but there has been some speculation that he is more injured than is being lead on.

However, Sulaiman stated that as of this moment, Spence should be able to resume his career in the very near future.

"It is a miracle that he is still with us and the medical report is clear. He had no damage or major situation to prevent his career from going on. He is blessed. He is going to be a living testament of what not to do and what to do properly," Sulaiman stated.

Prior to the accident Spence was slated to face Danny Garcia on January 25th in Los Angeles. While that fight won't happen for Spence, Sulaiman expects Spence to return to the ring in the near future and said that an interim title is not needed in the welterweight division at this juncture.

"There is no need. During our convention we contacted them and a medical report was sent with a status of the timing and as of today there was no delay to his boxing career from the accident," Sulaiman told BoxingScene.com.

Send questions or comments to ringsidewriter@gmail.com You can follow Ryan on Twitter @ringsidewriter