Former undisputed cruiserweight champion Oleksandr Usyk has no problem with Floyd Mayweather's decision to face Youtube star Logan Paul in an exhibition fight.
Mayweather, a five division world champion, retired with a perfect 50-0 record in August of 2017, when he stopped UFC superstar Conor McGregor in ten rounds.
He returned in December 2018, in a sanctioned exhibition fight in Japan. He knocked out undersized kickboxing star Tenshin Nasukawa in the first round.
Paul made his pro debut last year and lost a controversial split decision to Youtube rival KSI.
There is a tremendous gap in experience.
Paul has a few advantages. He's younger, at 25-years to Mayweather's 43. He's also six inches taller and likely 50-pounds heavier.
It could be a dangerous encounter, depending on Mayweather's strategy in the fight, says Usyk.
"As for whether it is dangerous, I think that if a boxer relaxes and gets hit it may be dangerous for him. Mayweather should be composed and play his game until the end. If he wants to it may be dangerous and if he doesn’t it will be okay," Usyk told The Sun.
The contest, which takes place on February 20, will be carried on pay-per-view.
There are a lot of critics who view the contest as being disrespectful to boxing, but Usyk is not one of those critics.
"I think it is just business because Floyd Mayweather has made a name for himself, he has gone to the top of his career, so now everybody wants to box the champions. Nobody wants to spar with a random guy from the street. Everybody wants to fight the champions. There is a lot of money for them in it, so why not? It is great if they are making money this way," Usyk said.