Former IBF, WBO, IBO, WBA heavyweight champion Tyson Fury has hit back at Liverpool's Tony Bellew.
On Tuesday, news broke that the postponed rematch between Bellew and former heavyweight world champion David Haye had been rescheduled for May 5 at the O2 Arena in London.
Bellew beat Haye after a thrilling 11-round bout in March and their rematch was scheduled for Dec. 17 but the 37-year-old Haye pulled out after suffering a bicep injury in a freak accident.
Former WBC cruiserweight world champion Bellew has vowed to end the career of Haye, and he also promised to end the career of Fury, who is hopeful of returning to the ring next year.
"I'm pleased to get a new date in the diary and I look forward to giving boxing fans a great night on May 5... my mind is still very much on this fight and I will punish him," Bellew said.
"I now have a very clear plan for 2018 and that is to knock out David Haye and then knock out Tyson 'Stavros Flatley' Fury and end both their careers..."
Fury is waiting for the conclusion of a UK Anti-Doping hearing later this month. UKAD claim the boxer tested positive for a banned substance in early 2015. Fury needs to go through the hearing, and get cleared, in order to renew his boxing license.
Fury has been training hard for a planned ring return in 2018. He's been inactive since stunning Wladimir Klitschko for the heavyweight titles with an upset twelve round decision in November 2015. He lost his boxing license after admitting to issues with abusing recreational drugs.
During the last few days, Fury and Bellew have been trading verbal jabs.
Fury believes Bellew and others are simply using his name for promotional purposes.
"You've got some bums using my name to boost their name," Fury said. "You've got Eddie Hearn supporting them.
"They are not good enough to tie my shoelaces. They're not good enough to hold my jock strap."