Tommy Morrison’s son remained unbeaten near the late heavyweight’s hometown Saturday night, but it wasn’t nearly as easy as the scorecards indicated.

Trey Lippe Morrison took some hard shots from game veteran Don Haynesworth on the 31-year-old heavyweight’s way to winning a six-round unanimous decision in a fight ESPN+ streamed from Tulsa, Oklahoma. Judges Henry Ellick, Jason Greenwalt and Don Griffin all scored each of the six rounds for Lippe Morrison, 60-54, though it appeared Lippe Morrison had a tougher time than that on the Joshua Franco-Andrew Moloney undercard at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino.

Nevertheless, Lippe Morrison, a former college football player whose career has been beset by injuries, improved to 18-0, but he went the distance for the first time since he debuted as a pro in February 2014. Haynesworth (16-7-1, 14 KOs) has been knocked out four times in his seven-year, 24-fight career.

Haynesworth grazed Lippe Morrison with a right hand that knocked him off balance with just over 1:10 to go in the sixth and final round. That sequence made Lippe Morrison charge after Haynesworth, but he couldn’t catch his opponent with a clean shot.

Lippe Morrison did land a right hand as they moved toward the end of the sixth round, though.

Lippe Morrison did solid body work in the fifth round. Haynesworth’s right hand backed up Lippe Morrison with 1:40 remaining in the fifth round, though.

A right hand by Haynesworth backed Lippe Morrison into the ropes with about 45 seconds on the clock in the fourth round. Haynesworth and Lippe Morrison traded hard right hands with just over 1:40 to go in the fourth round.

Lippe Morrison rocked Haynesworth with a right hand that made Haynesworth hold him less than 30 seconds into the fourth round.

A clash of heads caused a gash on the right side of Haynesworth’s forehead and prompted Reiss to call for a brief break in the action with 2:13 to go in the third round.

Lippe Morrison went after Haynesworth when Reiss brought them back together, but he couldn’t hurt his opponent.

Haynesworth landed a right hand straight down the middle 1:20 into the second round. Lippe Morrison landed a hard jab and right hand later in the second round and added a thudding right to Haynesworth’s body in the final minute of that round.

Haynesworth defended himself well during the opening round. His right hand moved Lippe Morrison backward with about 35 seconds to go in the first round.

Keith Idec is a senior writer/columnist for He can be reached on Twitter @Idecboxing.