By Elliot Foster
Tony Bellew believes he can knock Tyson Fury out after watching the heavyweight make his comeback
Fury ended a 924-day exile with a rather underwhelming win over Sefer Seferi on Saturday night.
Seferi, a 39-year-old career-cruiserweight who had only previously had one fight at heavyweight, was pulled out by his corner after four completed rounds.
That left a jubilant Fury celebrating after the win at Manchester Arena, exclusively live on BT Sport, while his promoter Frank Warren revealed that the next move was already nailed down.
He will be back in action in Belfast in the summer and is set to feature as part of the supporting cast to WBO interim featherweight champion Carl Frampton’s return on August 18 at Windsor Park.
Despite that, though, the self-styled Gypsy King had all manner of names looking to fight him after his retirement won over the Swiss-based Macedonian.
Those names included former WBC cruiserweight world champion Bellew, who is currently enjoying some downtime after a second successive stoppage win over ex-WBA heavyweight world champion David Haye back in May.
The Liverpudlian was not in attendance for the 29-year-old’s return, but was clearly not overly impressed with the performance he saw on TV.
“I will knock the big man Tyson Fury out. Simple as that” he wrote on Twitter.
That led to the call-out being addressed in the post-fight media commitments, with Fury refusing to turn it down.
“I want someone big,” Fury said. ‘Small ones, I don’t like them. Big. Look at [Anthony] Joshua and [Deontay] Wilder, they’re all over 6ft 5in.
“I’ve got to prepare for people like that. Big, big, big guys. Big, slow, ugly fellas.”
Fury’s aforementioned promoter Warren said that it was ‘down to Tony Bellew’ to chase a clash with the former IBO, IBF, WBA Super, WBO and Ring Magazine heavyweight champion.