WBO, IBF, WBC Franchise, WBA lightweight champion Teofimo Lopez has remained firm on his refusal to provide Vasiliy Lomachenko with a rematch.
Last year, the two boxers collided in a lightweight unification - with Lopez winning a twelve round unanimous decision. There was no rematch clause for either boxer.
Lopez is scheduled to make a mandatory defense against unbeaten challenger George Kambosos on October 4 in New York City.
Lomachenko recently returned with a dominating stoppage win over Japan's Masayoshi Nakatani, who Lopez beat on points.
The next step for Lomachenko is a potential fight with former champion Richard Commey in December. Lopez knocked out Commey in two rounds to capture the IBF title.
"He's fighting my leftovers, trying to redeem himself. It's cute that everyone thinks he's going to get me again. The way I look at it now? We're past that. We're looking at bigger and better things, like Josh Taylor. There will be no rematch," Lopez told Sky Sports.
"Had I lost, they would have never given me the opportunity, so I'm not doing it."
With his motivation to move up in weight to 140-pounds, Lopez wants to make a big statement by doing a lot of damage in his next fight.
He's going to aim to not only beat Kambosos, but to do so inside the distance.
"I have got much better since the Lomachenko fight. I have improved to the next level. I want to show you what you have yet to see, or haven't seen since the 70s and 80s. This boxing era now is rocky so I want to bring it back to its roots," Lopez said.
"I'm going to knock him out. I don't like this guy. I get it. He's playing a part, playing the tough guy. But disrespecting my family? I can't wait for his face to beat up my hands!"