Michael Koncz, adviser to eight division world champion Manny Pacquiao, is still in discussions to finalize a deal for a possible fight with unbeaten Australian Jeff Horn.
A fight with Horn, an undefeated 2012 Australian Olympian, is back on the table following the much-publicized collapse of a $38 million bout between Pacquiao and Britain's Amir Khan, reportedly after investors in the United Arab Emirates failed to come up with the money.
Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum told reporters in New York in mid-March that he was waiting to hear back from Pacquiao, 38, on whether he would take up the option of fighting Horn, 29 years old, after the Khan bout fell through.
Earlier this week, Arum had given Pacquiao until the end of this this week to sign the contract to fight Horn in Australia, but Koncz is not worried about any deadline.
“When we believe the terms and conditions of an agreement are in Manny’s best interest then we will sign - simple as that,” Koncz, told Philippine Star. “We are not very worried about any deadline.”
The Australian state of Queensland had earlier offered to host a Pacquiao-Horn fight in Brisbane.
In February, Pacquiao both tweeted that they would fight on April 23. The fight was then said to be pushed back to a date of May 20.
However, Arum told the Los Angeles Times on March 8 that the proposed fight in the UAE had proven to be "pie in the sky".
"Manny wanted to roll the dice. He rolled the dice and it came up snake eyes. If something is too good to be true, it's too good to be true," Arum told the newspaper.
Pacquiao, in the twilight of a glittering career, briefly retired last year but made a successful comeback against Jessie Vargas to capture the WBO welterweight championship last November in Las Vegas.