By Elliot Foster

Michael Page continued his unbeaten run in the professional boxing ranks with another stoppage.

The 31-year-old light-heavyweight, who recently competed in the Bellator mixed martial arts event at the SSE Arena in Wembley, London, was back in action in the capital.

Page forced David Rickels to quit in the second round, exclusively live on 5Spike last month and dished out a similar punishment to Michal Ciach to secure his second inside-the-distance victory as a prize fighter at Bethnal Green’s famous York Hall venue.

The one-sided win came as part of the supporting cast to Joe Joyce’s clash against former Tony Bellew opponent Ivica Bacurin, exclusively live on UKTV channel Dave.

The six-foot three-inch Londoner stopped the Pole with a jolting right hand at the start of the second of four scheduled rounds, with the referee halting the contest at an official time of 18 seconds into the second stanza.

And Page will be looking to stay busy to allow himself to build on the momentum he is gathering.

“I loved it in there tonight. My commitment is to MMA and I work with two promotions, so it’s difficult, but I give it my full focus and I enjoyed it so much,” he said afterwards. “I have to have the right conversations, but I’d like to get a few more boxing fights in before I go back to MMA.”

Meanwhile, Savannah Marshall chalked up her second win in quick succession and her third since turning over behind a glittering amateur career.

The Rio Olympian stopped Alejandra Ayala inside two one-sided rounds.

And there were wins on the card for debutant George Fox as well as welterweight Tom Ansell, who floored his foe Fonz Alexander heavily in the opening round with a peach of a right hand, Brandon Ball and Chris Davies.

Linus Udofia massively impressed as he stopped Eric Nwankwo in the fifth of six scheduled rounds.

But there was disappointment for Sam Smith when she was blown out inside a round by Malawi’s Anisha Basheel.

The pair contested the vacant Commonwealth female lightweight title and the fight was stopped after Smith took a barrage of heavy shots from the visitor which she failed to recover from.