Irish Olympian Michael Conlan will take the proper time to determine his future in the sport.
This past Saturday night in Belfast, Conlan was knocked out in five rounds by IBF featherweight world champion Luis Alberto Lopez at the SSE Arena.
It was Conlan's second attempt at a world title.
Last year, he was knocked out in the twelfth round by WBA featherweight champion Leigh Wood.
Conlan, along with trainer Adam Booth, had comprised a game plan to outbox Lopez.
But when the fight began, Conlan came out very aggressive and took the fight to the champion.
He believes that quick aggressive pace was the downfall of the fight.
"Look how I started: aggressive, and when do I start aggressive? That was nothing to do with Lopez, was myself and how I approached things," Conlan told Belfast Media.
"I don't know why, but all down to me and the mistakes I initially made within those first few seconds. That was ultimately the downfall."
At 31-years-old, Conlan still has some lucrative options - like a rematch with Wood or a showdown with Josh Warrington.
His older brother, Jamie Conlan, retired around the same age in 2017 - after a failed world title attempt.
Presently, Conlan is planning to mull over his next move.
I have some decisions to make. I'm just going to go away, take my time before I decide to do anything. Should I fight, finish or whatever I've got to think about that and have a real honest conversation with myself and my team," Conlan said.
"It's been a long one [my career in boxing]. Long enough and I haven't reached the level of professional boxing I believe my ability could have. Some people's route to world titles are harder than others. Timing and everything else comes into the equation, but unfortunately it hasn't played out how I wanted it to, but there is still time if I decide to stay on - not loads of time but time - but it's still a conversation I need to have with myself and my team."