Former two division world champion Marcos 'Chino' Maidana is once again planning to make another comeback run in the sport.
Maidana, who would like to fight again in the fall, would return after five and a half years - which is when he lost a twelve round decision in his rematch with Floyd Mayweather at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
Before any of that goes forward, the 36-year-old Maidana will take part in an exhibition fight against former kickboxing champion Jorge 'Acero' Cali on April 18 in Buenos Aires.
After the exhibition fight has concluded, Maidana will get together with his handlers, and Venezuelan coach Rafael Liendo, to discuss his options.
“We will see how we do on April 18 and then Chino Maidana Promotions will give me the options. I'm going to treat Cali as a fight, not as an exhibition, so we're ready,” Maidana said to ESPN Deportes.
"We are going to see what weight we can make and we are going to look at the opponents. I have never selected opponents, I will not do it now."
Maidana's coach would like have the boxer train very hard for four months - with the hope of getting him down to the junior middleweight limit of 154.
Last year, Maidana made a serious attempt to return to the sport and signed on for a three fight agreement with Premier Boxing Champions.
But there were certain disagreements with the financial terms - which prompted Maidana to break his Las Vegas training camp and travel back home to Argentina.
"Now it is different because I am very excited to fight with 'Acero' on April 18... he looked for me, challenged me and here we are," Maidana said.
Maidana walked away from the sport with a 35-5 record and 31 knockouts.