Advertisement
Advertisement
Boxingscene.com

Juan Francisco Estrada, Due To Backlash, Will NOT Fight Sosa

By Miguel Rivera

The fans spoke very loud and promoter Fernando Beltran of Zanfer Promotions listened.

A few days ago, Beltran revealed that his company was finalizing a showdown between former world champions Juan Francisco Estrada and Edgar Sosa in Mexico City on March 11.

Sosa (52-10, 30 KOs) had confirmed Beltran's information, but also said that nothing had been finalized to face his countryman.

juan-francisco-estrada_7

But once the fight was announced, the Mexican boxing fans went wild - calling the contest a mismatch and walkover for Estrada.

Sosa has been out of the ring since September, when he lost a twelve round decision to Filipino great Donnie Nietes. Two fights prior he was blown away in two rounds by Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez, who was making his HBO debut.

Beltran acknowledged the anger of the fans and said his company was going in another direction. According to Beltran, they plan to secure a better opponent for Estrada's next fight.

"Zanfer Boxing has reversed [our plans]. We owe it to the fans, the best super flyweight in the world, Juan Francisco Estrada, will not fight Edgar Sosa. We will not present fights that the fans do not want. My event partners are looking for a decent opponent for Estrada," stated Beltran.

Last October, Estrada (34-2, 24 KOs) snapped a one year layoff due to a serious hand injury, when he came back to win a unanimous decision over Raymond Tabugon. Prior to that fight he vacated the WBO, WBA flyweight titles to jump in weight to super flyweight.

User Comments and Feedback (Register For Free To Comment) Comment by bluebeam on 02-14-2017

[QUOTE=Rock&Roll;17421498]WHO THE FUK IS TALKING ABOUT GONZALEZ EARNING 9 FIGURES???????????? The poor bastard would be fukin stoked just to earn 7 figures for the first time. A lot of difference between earning hundres of thousands and hundred of millions you…

Comment by bluebeam on 02-14-2017

[QUOTE=NEETzsche;17420501]Roughly 850,000 people tuned in to Gonzalez vs. Cuadras, which is not bad in the context of HBO's poor 2016. There were other headliners who drew roughly the same amount of viewers and got paid much better for it (e.g.…

Comment by Sugar Adam Ali on 02-13-2017

[QUOTE=JackNSledge;17421759]You were insinuating he fights mostly clowns and said something about how as soon as he stepped up against a good fighter(Cuadras) he didn't look as dominant. And the dude just shut you down with that reply. I was glad…

Comment by JackNSledge on 02-13-2017

[QUOTE=Sugar Adam Ali;17421740]So you are giving Roman a pass for fighting 27 loss fighters and old shot fights. ok thanks again for proving my point.[/QUOTE] You were insinuating he fights mostly clowns and said something about how as soon as…

Comment by Sugar Adam Ali on 02-13-2017

[QUOTE=1hourRun;17421716]I mean we can talk about him beating the #1. a prime Yutaka Niida at the age of twenty one following that with future HOF Katsunari Takayama in his prime ranked top five If I remember correct....then we can talk…

Post a Comment - View More User Comments (31)
Top Headlines Kevin Johnson Feels Experience Edge May Down Daniel Dubois Hearn: I'm Quite Worried, Povetkin is Tough Fight For Joshua David Benavidez Makes No Excuses, Apologizes For Failed Test Golovkin's Coach: Canelo Vindicated Himself For Positive Tests Energy Execs Glove Up To Knock Out Child Sexual Abuse Frank Warren: Frampton-Warrington is Not Two Recycled Guys DAZN, The New Kid On The Block, Ready For Boxing Kickoff Canelo's Possible Return: December 15 Reserved at MSG, MGM Nacho: Canelo Did Great, But I Think Golovkin Won WBC Prez: Canelo Deserved The Win in Golovkin Rematch David Benavidez Comes Up Positive For Cocaine in VADA Test Wilder vs. Fury Promotional Tour is Ready, Reveals Frank Warren Pacquiao: Me and Mayweather Have Unfinished Business! Encarnacion, Michael Rivera, Starling Castillo Ink With Sampson Photos: Jacobs, Andrade, Haney Training Hard at SNAC Facility Roman Gonzalez Returns Home, Open To Fighting Again in 2018 British Title News: Welborn vs. Heffron, Iqbal-Camacho, More Cem Kilic vs. DeAndre Ware Will Open ShoBox Card on Sept. 28 Michael Dutchover Learning On The Job From Danny Roman Juanma Joins Team of Jayson Velez, Hits Back at Orlando Cruz Antonio Orozco To Remain at 140, May Return in February Malignaggi: McGregor Should've Retired, Khabib Makes Him Quit! Billy Joe Saunders Handed Misconduct Charge By The BBBoC Yvan Mendy Will Go For The Knockout Against Luke Campbell Anthony Joshua: I Wanted To Show I Can Box Against Parker Golovkin Will Likely Rest, Evaluate Options For 2019 Arum: Spence Doesn't Want Crawford; We're Ready When He Is Canelo vs. Golovkin: CompuBox Stat Analysis of Both Fights Hearn: Povetkin Had Loads of PED Tests For Joshua Fight Darren Reay, Chad Ellis Added To Ritson-Pianeta Newcastle Card Photos: Matty Askin Putting in Work For Lawrence Okolie Clash Povetkin: Joshua is a Bigger Challenge Than 'Prime' Klitschko Petch CP Freshmart Looking to Improve to 48-0 on Friday Saunders: Canelo Win Was NO Robbery, Can't Really Cry Over It Leonard vs. Hearns, and 30 Years of Living The Dream Arum Shreds Canelo-GGG PPV: Time For HBO To Leave Boxing! Boxer Who Trained At Mayweather Gym Shot to Death Near Vegas Kovalev-Alvarez Rematch Could Head to Cowboys' Facility 2/2 De La Hoya Fires Back at Critics of Canelo's Win Over Golovkin Lara Ready To Go To 160: I Want Golovkin or Canelo Next!
Advertisement

Latest Active Forum Threads
Advertisement
Advertisement