Former two division world champion Jessie Vargas (28-2-1, 10 KOs) is planning to make a statement on October 6th, when he faces Thomas Dulorme (24-3, 16 KOs) in a welterweight bout at the Wintrust Arena in Chicago.
The contest will be Vargas' first since going to a close points draw with Adrien Broner earlier this year.
Dulorme, who recently parted ways with Mayweather Promotions, has been out of the ring since losing a close decision to Yordenis Ugas on August 26 as part of the Mayweather-McGregor undercard in Las Vegas.
Dulorme was not very happy with his level of activity while under the Mayweather banner.
The contest with Vargas will headline promoter Eddie Hearn's first card to be carried by the new streaming service, DAZN.
Vargas is on a mission to reclaim a world title, after losing his WBO welterweight crown to Manny Pacquiao in November of 2016.
After the loss to Pacquiao, Vargas parted ways with longtime promoter Top Rank and linked up with Al Haymon's Premier Boxing Champions.
He now feels confident that Hearn will bring him to a new world title.
"Thanks to Thomas Dulorme for stepping up to the plate and taking this challenge. I look forward to giving you great fights through DAZN, that’s the plan that we have. We have a great platform and we’re going to give you all excitement and all entertainment. I promise you that I will bring fireworks and I will bring entertainment," Vargas said.
"I am en-route to becoming a world champion once again. I am a former two division world champion. First of all, October 6 is going to be a great fight, Thomas Dulorme is a contender that always comes to give a showdown. He never lets you down, he always brings you action and when the name came up I said sure let’s do it! It doesn’t matter to me, whoever you want to put in front of me, I’m ready.”