As previously reported on BoxingScene.com, former unified junior middleweight champion Jarrett Hurd will make his return to the ring on March 4th, as part of a Showtime televised tripleheader from Toyota Arena in Ontario, Calif.
Hurd, now fighting as a middleweight, will collide with dangerous foe Armando Resendiz.
Hurd (24-2, 16 KOs), only 32-years-old, unified the WBA and IBF 154-pound titles in 2018 when he dropped and decisioned Erislandy Lara in a Fight of The Year battle in 2018.
He's been out of the ring since losing a close split-decision to Luis Arias in June 2021.
“Y’all must’ve forgot, but I’m back to remind you what ‘Swift’ Jarrett Hurd is all about,” said Hurd. “I’m in a new weight class and I’m looking to dominate like I did at 154 pounds. I can’t wait to show everyone what I’ve been working on in the gym and display my talents on March 4. I know Reséndiz is going to make the most of this opportunity, but I’m ready to make a big statement of my own.”
Resendiz (13-1, 9 KOs) made a successful U.S. debut in April 2021, entering the fight with an eight-bout knockout streak before earning a decision victory over Quilisto Madera. A 23-year-old native of Nayarit, Mexico, he now fights out of Los Angeles. After dropping a decision to veteran Marcos Hernandez in September 2021, he returned this October to dominate Heber Rondon on his way to a second-round stoppage.
The young contender will now look to pull off the biggest win of his career.
“I’ve been preparing very hard to take full advantage of the opportunity that I have in this fight,” said Resendiz. “I have a great team in my corner and I know that they are getting the best out of my abilities. We’re all working toward the same goal and it’s going to result in a great fight for the fans. I’m fighting for my Mexican people and I’m not going to let them down.”
ADD COMMENT VIEW COMMENTS (19)