Burley Brooks suffered his second straight defeat Tuesday night in Los Angeles.

Dallas’ Brooks, who is managed by Errol Spence Jr., lost a unanimous decision to Cameron Rivera in their six-round light heavyweight fight at Shrine Auditorium & Expo Hall. All three judges – Eddie Hernandez Sr. (58-55), Robert Hoyle (57-56) and Fernando Villarreal (57-56) – scored their fight for Rivera.

The 25-year-old Brooks (6-2, 5 KOs) had a point deducted during the sixth round for repeatedly landing low blows in a fight FS1 televised. That deserved deduction was the difference between Brooks losing a unanimous decision and their fight being declared a majority draw.

The 28-year-old Rivera, of Fife, Washington, pulled off a second straight upset in his first fight in nearly 14 months. Rivera (9-6-3, 6 KOs) stopped Roberto Salas (5-1, 4 KOs) in the third round of his previous bout in February 2020.

Marcos Delgado (7-2, 5 KOs) beat Brooks by split decision in Brooks’ prior fight, a six-rounder on the Spence-Danny Garcia undercard December 5 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

Rivera’s right hand affected Brooks about 50 seconds into the sixth round. Brooks appeared tired in that final round, but he unloaded several body shots that slowed down Rivera.

Eventually, however, Brooks landed yet another low blow – his third such foul in a four-round span. Rivera took time to recover from that low right hand, which understandably forced referee Thomas Taylor to deduct a point from Brooks.

In his loss to Delgado, Brooks had two points deducted for low blows, one apiece in the fifth and sixth rounds.

A left hook by Brooks landed flush with about 1:15 to go in the fifth round. Brooks boxed better in the fifth round after struggling to keep Rivera at a distance during the third and fourth rounds.

Brooks landed another low left hand about 10 seconds into the fourth round.

That foul left Rivera rolling around on the canvas, writhing in pain. He took much longer to recover from that low blow than he did during the third round.

Rivera landed two right hands on a retreating Brooks later in the fourth round. An accidental head-butt caused Rivera to turn away from Brooks with five seconds to go in that fourth round.

Rivera hit Brooks with a right to the side of his head about 45 seconds into the third round. Brooks’ low blow caused a brief break in the action later in the third, when Rivera was the aggressor and more effective fighter.

Brooks unloaded power punches on Rivera at the beginning of the second round. Brooks drilled Rivera with a right hand that backed him up in the first round.

In the bout before Rivera beat Brooks, Jesus Silveyra survived serious trouble in the seventh round to upset Amon Rashidi.

Mexico’s Silveyra defeated Dallas’ Rashidi by unanimous decision in their eight-round welterweight fight. Judges Eddie Hernandez Sr. (79-73), Robert Hoyle (78-74) and Damian Walton (79-73) each scored at least six of the eight rounds for Silveyra.

Rashidi slipped to 8-2-1. He is 1-2-1 in his past four bouts.

Silveyra ended a three-fight losing streak and improved to 9-6-2.

Silveyra and Rashidi continued to trade during a back-and-forth eighth round, but neither fighter landed a shot that hurt his opponent.

Rashidi wobbled Silveyra with a left hook that landed with just under a minute remaining in the seventh round. Silveyra held Rashidi as long as he could and made it to the end of that seventh round.

Silveyra landed a thudding right hand to Rashidi’s body in the sixth round.

Rashidi stayed in Silveyra’s chest throughout the fifth round, which led to several entertaining exchanges. Silveyra nailed Rashidi with a right hand when Rashidi was backed up against the ropes in that fifth round.

Rashidi and Silveyra wrestled and traded punches on the inside during the first half of the fourth round. Silveyra landed three left hooks as Rashidi pressured him in the final minute of the fourth round.

Silveyra’s right uppercut snapped back Rashidi’s head 1:10 into the third round. Rashidi’s right hand backed Silveyra into the ropes with about a minute remaining in the third round.

Rashidi landed a right hand, but then took a harder right just before the halfway point of the second round. Rashidi began bleeding from his nose in the second round as well.

Rashidi’s right hand landed to the side of Silveyra’s head with just under 1:20 to go in the first round.

Earlier Tuesday night, Travon Marshall made very quick work of Christian Marron in Marshall’s pro debut.

Marshall (1-0, 1 KO), a 20-year-old junior middleweight from Capitol Heights, Maryland, drilled Marron with a right hand to the body that knocked Marron to the canvas just 19 seconds into their scheduled four-round fight. Marron (0-2), of Bakersfield, California, tried to get up, but he fell down after almost beating referee Jerry Cantu’s count.

Cantu called an end to the action 33 seconds into the first round.

In the first fight FS1 televised Tuesday night, Ezequiel Flores defeated Juan Muro by unanimous decision in very competitive, four-round junior featherweight fight. Flores’ defense needs some work, but he found a way to overcome a significantly taller southpaw in his pro debut.

Flores, of Riverside, California, got up from a second-round knockdown and edged Muro by a point on all three scorecards. Judges Carla Caiz, Eddie Hernandez Sr. and Damian Walton all scored their entertaining four-round, 122-pound fight 38-37 for Flores.

Muro, of Bakersfield, California, also made his pro debut.

Flores and Muro hammered away at each other throughout a fantastic fourth round. A left-right combination by Flores snapped back Muro’s head with just under 50 seconds remaining in their fight.

Muro wobbled Flores with a right hook with about 15 seconds to go in that final round.

A right-left combination by Muro stopped Flores from punching 1:20 into the third round. Those punches didn’t deter Flores for long, as he pressed forward and unloaded body and head shots.

Flores and Muro traded hard shots during the first 35 seconds of the second round. After landing three rights and a left in a successful sequence, Flores ate a straight left from Muro that knocked him down with 1:13 to go in that second round.

Flores came back, though, to land three hard right hands within the final 30 seconds of the second round.

Flores out-landed Muro in the opening round, when he tried to get inside on the taller, longer Muro. Flores landed a sweeping right hand and followed up with a left hook inside with about 45 seconds to go in the first round.

Keith Idec is a senior writer/columnist for BoxingScene.com. He can be reached on Twitter @Idecboxing.