By Miguel Rivera
Former world champion Francisco 'Bandido' Vargas is not impressed by the world title reign of fellow Mexican Miguel 'Alacrán' Berchelt, and promised that on March 23 at The Forum in California - he will take revenge for his TKO defeat in January of 2017.
Vargas stressed that this time he will arrive with better physical and technical conditions against a solid opponent.
He believes that Berchelt has not impressed much since their first meeting.
No Vargas is trained by Joel Diaz and he believes the reason Berchelt believes the rematch will be easier - and that's why he agreed to the fight.
"I think they think that my time has passed and they gave me a rematch because it is still attractive in the United States, but the reality is that that [in our first fight] I was not [myself]', that time I arrived overtrained, by the fifth or sixth round I was tired, this time we had everything better planned, I arrived with more experience and a better strategy with Joel Diaz with whom I am already working with in California," Vargas said to ESPN Deportes.
In that first battle, Francisco suffered severe cuts that prevented him from finishing the battle, but he says that his eyebrows had been operated on for some time and he has not bled from that area of ??his face for over than a year.
"In this second fight I will not be the same, we change the way of working and I just have to discipline myself and follow what Joel tells me," said Vargas.
"We've been watching Berchelt's fights, for me the best fight he had was with me, and since then he has made good fights, but he has not impressed me, I have improved in many things. Today I do things that I did not do before."