Carl Frampton (25-1, 14 KOs), 31-years-old, is focused on regaining a world title in 2018.
Frampton, a former two division world champion, lost his WBA featherweight title by way of a close twelve round decision to Leo Santa Cruz in January 2017.
Promoter Frank Warren is lining up Frampton's next fight for Belfast's Windsor Park on August 18 or 25 - likely against the winner of May 19th showdown between IBF featherweight world champion Lee Selby and mandatory challenger Josh Warrington.
Last month, Frampton dominated Nonito Donaire in a battle for the vacant WBO interim-featherweight title.
He would like to face full WBO champion Oscar Valdez - but the Mexican boxer suffered a badly fractured jaw in his recent fight with Scott Quigg - and according to Frampton he won't be ready in time.
"I think Windsor Park in the summer, against a big name and winning a world title tops anything I've done in my career," Frampton said to Nick Parkinson.
"Valdez won't be ready because of the jaw, but it would be an appealing fight because it would capture the public's imagination worldwide.
"But if he's not available then the winner of Selby-Warrington. If I'm being honest I fancy Selby, I think he's the more polished boxer."
And Frampton still wants a trilogy fight with Santa Cruz (34-4-1, 19 KOs), who defends his title against Abner Mares (31-2-1, 15 KOs) on June 9.
"If I win a world title at Windsor, I still have the Santa Cruz fight," Frampton said.
"It's 1-1 and that's the one I want, more than any other fight. He has his own fight in June which rules him out for August.
"I would love the Santa Cruz fight over here but it doesn't seem like he wants to play ball and doesn't even want to go to New York and Las Vegas being the neutral venue, when you can drive from LA to Vegas. He's being a bit unrealistic now but he's the champion now so we might have to do it."