Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legit question - Was that fight stopped prematurely?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legit question - Was that fight stopped prematurely?

I thought it myself and I'm reading a lot of people online saying the same.

AJ was not landing when Wlad was on the ropes - why did the ref stop it when he wasn't being hit? Especially after allowing him to continue after the second knockdown.

Discuss...

I thought so, but Wladimir or his corner didn't protest so there's that.

Comment

Wlad at that age was not going to recover given AJ's relentless pressure at that point. He looked faster than he did back in the earlier rounds and was throwing it all at Klitschko. To me the 2nd knockdown looked pretty dangerous and I thught they should've taken a second to think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by No Tomorrow View Post
        I thought so, but Wladimir or his corner didn't protest so there's that.
        He's a gentleman, he's not going to that in the ring after such an epic fight. I do suspect it will be mentioned by his team over the course of post fight interviews/discussions, it was very blatant.

Comment

Didn't seem the best time to step in did it? The old man had his faculties intact and was intelligently defending himself. I'd of liked to of seen it go on a bit longer as it was a good back & forth fight.

I mean he looked done in the fifth didn't he and almost turned it around? Credit to him he didn't clinch or fight negatively the old man actually went for it for once and showed true dog.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
            Wlad at that age was not going to recover given AJ's relentless pressure at that point. He looked faster than he did back in the earlier rounds and was throwing it all at Klitschko. To me the 2nd knockdown looked pretty dangerous and I thught they should've taken a second to think about it.
            If he wasn't going to recover then why let him continue after the second knockdown? He was clearly slipping AJ's shots on the ropes

Comment

Lol no

Should have been stopped earlier if anything.

Comment

He was done, glad so, no ond wanted to see Wlad completely knocked out, dude went out on his shield, much more a fitting end then that Fury debacle

Comment

When things are one sided like that & a guy isn't really intelligently defending himself or throwing much in return after 2 KD's I think a stoppage is fine. Fight was becoming too one sided & Klitschko didn't seem like he had the gas in the tank like when he got hurt & dropped earlier in the fight. I don't wanna see anyone killed or seriously injured when a fight is all but decided.

I thought the ref did a great job & gave Klitschko the respect top guys deserve to comeback without becoming Steve Smoger.

Comment

It was a fair stoppage. There wasn't that long left in the round but i don't think the ref thinks about that when a man is being dropped and then beaten up.

It would have been interesting to see if Wlad could have survived the round. AJ would have been so gassed after that onslaught but it is what it is. It was a decent stoppage so there's no point in if's and but's.

Comment

Working...
                    X