Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what criteria do people use when making a P4P list?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what criteria do people use when making a P4P list?

what are people basing their list on? resumes or "eye test"?

are we comparing quality of opponents or judging potential? I'm confused. is it the fighters that entertain you regardless who the opponent is?

if we strictly talking resume then name me one win on Loma's cv better than Rigo beating top five p4p Donaire?

"it was a long time ago" so now we're going off only what guys have recently accomplished? because when Ward was beating guys like Paul Smith he was top three p4p on the strength of the super six years prior.

so I don't know what criteria people are using to make these lists.

I only go off resume. that's it. no "eye test". if we using eye test than Tank Davis should be top ten already cuz that mofo look like he's gonna be a beast. but he's not even mentioned.

I like reading p4p lists but it would be nice to know what people are taking into account. anybody can make a list but justify each pick, it'll be more fun to read.

here's my list and criteria

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=738181

some other people have posted their criteria on there too and its the only thread worthy of p4p discussion so merge your thread with it

Comment

Originally posted by DeLorean View Post

what are people basing their list on? resumes or "eye test"?

are we comparing quality of opponents or judging potential? I'm confused. is it the fighters that entertain you regardless who the opponent is?

if we strictly talking resume then name me one win on Loma's cv better than Rigo beating top five p4p Donaire?

"it was a long time ago" so now we're going off only what guys have recently accomplished? because when Ward was beating guys like Paul Smith he was top three p4p on the strength of the super six years prior.

so I don't know what criteria people are using to make these lists.

I only go off resume. that's it. no "eye test". if we using eye test than Tank Davis should be top ten already cuz that mofo look like he's gonna be a beast. but he's not even mentioned.

I like reading p4p lists but it would be nice to know what people are taking into account. anybody can make a list but justify each pick, it'll be more fun to read.
      I'm way off because my P4P is Manny. I guess it is who you believe would beat anybody at the same weight class.

Comment

Working...
      X