Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lower:
    Khaosai Galaxy
    Jimmy Wilde

Really not that impressed with either of their resumes.

Higher:
    Vicente Saldivar
    Ridiculously under rated imo, incredible featherweight run, one of the best 15 round boxers I've ever seen, very skilled. Top 4 southpaw imo behind Pea, Hagler and Pac.

Michael Spinks
    Top 3 Light Heavy imo, probably rate him 'just' higher then most, imo his Light Heavy run is over all stronger then Tunney's and he beats Roy Jones h2h.

Comment

Eddie was really exciting ?, .
      Pretty sure in a lot of his early bouts you had to wait until the 4th before he threw a power punch, far from 1 dimensional, that's just silly to say.
      Could box, brawl and was an incredible body puncher, his left hook to the body was just nasty.

What bouts have you been watching that show him as 1 dimensional ?.
      Last edited by NChristo; 06-10-2012, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
        Eddie was really exciting ?, .
        Pretty sure in a lot of his early bouts you had to wait until the 4th before he threw a power punch, far from 1 dimensional, that's just silly to say.
        Could box, brawl and was an incredible body puncher, his left hook to the body was just nasty.

What bouts have you been watching that show him as 1 dimensional ?.
        I think I was mixing Mustafa Muhammad with Marvin Johnson. I still think Mustafa is quite overrated but everything else I said was off.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
          I think I was mixing Mustafa Muhammad with Marvin Johnson. I still think Mustafa is quite overrated but everything else I said was off.
          Ah fair enough, thought you might've done that, done it a few times myself in the past.
          Last edited by NChristo; 06-10-2012, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Whitaker's fantasy wins are Ramirez Chavez and DLH.

EMM was one dimensional and it showed

Marquez is better than Zarate

Oh and Bradley vs Pacquiao is officially the worse decision in the history of boxing and its not close.
            Whitaker dominated both Ramirez and Chavez

You already conceded that you confused EMM with Marvin Johnson

Nobody with any sense thinks that Marquez was better than Zarate.

And that wasn't even the wosrt decision of that last year (although it was a really bad one). Cloud-Campillo and Williams-Lara were worse. So was Ramirez-Whitaker I for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post

And that wasn't even the wosrt decision of that last year (although it was a really bad one). Cloud-Campillo and Williams-Lara were worse. So was Ramirez-Whitaker I for that matter.
              Rios-Abril was worse aswell.

Comment

Whitaker is a crybaby

Zarate is not better than Marquez not in terms of bantamweight resume or in talent

None of those fights were anywhere near as bad as this one.

Williams threw many more punches than Lara so if you are stupid and score missed punches you would give Williams the fight

Cloud at least had Campillo hurt a few times.

Pacquiao threw more punches, landed more punches, landed the harder punches and was never even close to being hurt. Their was no criteria on which Bradley wasn't thoroughly dominated.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Rios-Abril was worse aswell.
                  I never saw that one, so I couldn't use it. But almost every account I've heard/read confirms what you say.

Comment

I never saw that one, so I couldn't use it. But almost every account I've heard/read confirms what you say.
                    I had Abril winning every round and each round by a clear margin.

Comment

Whitaker is a crybaby

Zarate is not better than Marquez not in terms of bantamweight resume or in talent

None of those fights were anywhere near as bad as this one.

Williams threw many more punches than Lara so if you are stupid and score missed punches you would give Williams the fight

Cloud at least had Campillo hurt a few times.

Pacquiao threw more punches, landed more punches, landed the harder punches and was never even close to being hurt. Their was no criteria on which Bradley wasn't thoroughly dominated.
                      Hmm...Zarate was 54-1 (53 KO's) as a bantam. He won 10 title fights and his only loss was a terrible decision to Lupe Pintor. He also won a non title fight with undefeated bantam title holder Alfonso Zamora, which in itself was better than any Marquez win.

Marquez was KO'd three times as a bantamweight, and his only notable wins were over Tim Austin and a fast fading Mark Johnson.

So Zarate was a better fighter in the best era ever for bantamweights. If anyone else agrees with you, I'd like to hear from them. This isn't even debatable.

Comment

Working...
                      X