Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't say you weren't warned about Tyson Fury.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Once_Capitalist View Post
    Hes the Rigo of the HW division.
    King Of The Jungle. No-one's fucking with "Tarzan" Tyson Fury.

Comment

You have warned us. I saw the fight and I still don't think Fury is very good. As for being a showman he seems more like an arrogant, rude, conceited bragger that can't stop praising himself. Boxing has more than enough of his type already. If he was half as good as he says he is he would be twice as good as he really is. He is a big, fat slob and a dirty fighter. He was hurt by a light hitter today. He probably belongs in the top 10 heavyweights and may win a belt. He talks about a 15 year reign of terror with him as the undisputed heavyweight champion but I don't think he will be the undisputed heavyweight champ for a single day. Haye or Wladimir will knock out this big, clumsy mauler in 5 rounds or less.

Comment

Warned by his performances - he's bollocks

Comment

Originally posted by KOTJ View Post
          Been telling y'all for years on these very pages,

this kid has the personality, the fighting heart and the talent to be a huge (and hugely endearing) star.

Fools outright scoffed, of course. They couldn't see the talent, couldn't see the charm. Dull minds.

Well, tonight was Hamed-Kelley all over again. It was the most exciting heavyweight fight we've had in perhaps a decade. A star has landed.

Let me talk about the showman in Fury first. He got people talking before the fight, then, after thrilling them with the most exciting heavyweight contest you'll see all year, he addressed them directly, engagingly, and sung to them.
          He was charismatic, in the fight and after it. He showed great sporting decency when it was called for, demanding a big hand for a warrior in Cunningham and the war of a fight they shared. He was everything you want in a heavyweight personality. A charmer with the face of a matinee idol and the heart of a Champion prizefighter.

This kid can be a UK national treasure, once the bigots all get over the fact that he chooses to represent both sides of his heritage - but, more than that, he can charm the world. He's already doing it as of tonight.

Onto the fight.

Cunningham is a fast guy, a very game, competitive guy and a very experienced guy. He just unofficially defeated Adamek, who was pretty much a consensus Top 5 heavy of the last few years. He was never going to be effortlessly dominated by a 20-fight, still-developing 24 year old, regardless of a size disparity (what a man lacks in size, he can compensate for elsewhere, as we saw). He was always going to have his say in the fight. Let's get that straight, first off.

Whether you're smart enough to see it or not, Fury made adjustments in there tonight.
          Although Fury should theoretically have been at an advantage with distance between them (and that can still be worked on), Cunningham was having his successes when he had range to work with - U.S.S.'s speed was allowing him to manipulate that distance very well to get those solid rights over. Fury recognized this and, after the knockdown scare, started walking the man down with a high guard, shortening the distance quickly with his footspeed and making the fight rough and physical. He also started to slip shots and roll with them more, exercising his ability with torso control (which he should never disregard, given how limber and athletically talented he is), becoming much less statuesque than he was at the start of the fight when he boxed with the guy.

Yes, he got caught again with that right hand Pajkic got him with, but that doesn't mean he hasn't learned anything. Pajkic wouldn't be able to repeat his feat of 18 months ago against the current version of Fury, but Cunningham's quickness was greater than Fury had experienced in prior contests, and that's why Steve was able to land those right hands.
          There are times when you have to experience something before you can appreciate it and then figure out how to deal with it. Fury experienced true heavyweight speed tonight and got shook up, but he sucked it up, switched it up and got through the adversity to give us a captivating heavyweight FIGHT.

Of course we'd never see a one-dimensional, useless bum like David Price show those kinds of powers of recovery, let alone make that kind of in-fight adjustment. If he was even able to get his legs back after a knockdown (we've seen that he clearly isn't, but let's just humour the idea for a moment), he'd just stand there doing the same thing that got his him dropped over and over again. Dude is clueless. Let's not talk about that robotic fool plumber ever again.

Cunningham >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thompson as an opponent.

Just for kicks, Fury will crush Thompson next, if Thompson does what he should do (smash the bum Price again) and then elects to meet Fury.

Fury-haters, I have no interest in your unlearned words, so don't expect a reply. I am merely serving you all notice. Fury is here.

He's climbed the highest mountains and run through the fields, he's run, he's crawled and scaled city walls, he's spoken with eternal angels and held the hand of a devil, only to be with you. Embrace him, Luke Tyson Fury, your warrior, your hero, your Champion, the one you've been looking for and more. We, as boxing fans, must weep with him. Cheer with him. Love him. He's what this sport is about.

The boy is the truth. Open your arms to him or not, but you'd better get used to him.
          You know.... it was rumored by the Pythagorians that when someone drew a perfect triangle, the world would end....unable to set eyes upon a perfect form....We should stop heavyweight boxing after tonight as one Tyson Fury has attained perfection....Gate Gate parsum Gate....the Bodhi Satva has opened the gate wide and an Irish giant has entered the worlds! There is nothing left to do or be in the heavy weights after this masterful perfection...this clinic....this display of controlled...errr controlled Fury.

Even the haters bow their domes tonight as Fury walks Spanish down the hall. Cunningham can lick the sweat off his pits in the hope that some of it belonged his opponent this evening...and only then can he say he tasted perfection in the Sweet Science!

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
            You know.... it was rumored by the Pythagorians that when someone drew a perfect triangle, the world would end....unable to set eyes upon a perfect form....We should stop heavyweight boxing after tonight as one Tyson Fury has attained perfection....Gate Gate parsum Gate....the Bodhi Satva has opened the gate wide and an Irish giant has entered the worlds! There is nothing left to do or be in the heavy weights after this masterful perfection...this clinic....this display of controlled...errr controlled Fury.

Even the haters bow their domes tonight as Fury walks Spanish down the hall. Cunningham can lick the sweat off his pits in the hope that some of it belonged his opponent this evening...and only then can he say he tasted perfection in the Sweet Science!

Comment

You must be a blood relative. That's the only way I can think of that someone could be so in love with such an ugly, obnoxious, dislikeable, dirty fighting fat slob. He is not one bit charming. Who asked him to sing? I turned the sound off for his after the fight interview. It's much better that way.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                He is a massive a-hole honestly, I don't even know where to start with him. What kind of imbecile uppercuts themself in the face. That singing was one of the most horrific things I have seen, I was at a complete loss of words.

Now saying all of that the boy looks incredibly difficult to beat, I mean he really does. In this heavyweight era, he is going to be a handful for anyone, including Wladimir. He has some good skills for a big man, and good speed. His technique is lacking, and he seriously needs to work on his defense. But I would say in certain fights he has used his jab/size and executed well, he just seems to be very inconsistent fight to fight.

In terms of people giving him crap about his chin, I don't think there is much wrong with it, those were big punches he got hit with, especially the knock down punch, it was a proper Hail Mary swing. It doesn't matter if Cunningham is not a massive puncher, when you land a punch like that with everything behind it can do some serious damage.

I don't particularly like Fury, but I think he is going to be a seriously tough nut to crack. I would like to see him in with Wlad though sooner rather than later so he can see how good he isn't.
                lol I agree, he took the punches well for someone who was taking them flush with his guard down. He does need to tighten up his D though.

Comment

Working...
                X