Comments Thread For: Kubrat Pulev-George Arias is Set For October 17th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by denium View Post
    David Haye is Wlad's best win lol.
    Chagaev was held in higher regard than Haye in certain quarters for good reason too and Wlad totally dominated him. Haye was looked upon as a one hit wonder, yet decided he did not want it enough, that is far from Wlad's best win, most convincing, maybe.

Pulev had a cast iron chin until he met the champ, he'd handle Fury's shots like they were a kitten pawing at him. Before you reference the Abell fight with Kubrat, it was clearly a trip, unless of course in your case you have never seen the fight.

All this talk of Wlad avoiding Fury is laughable when you consider Fury could have been mandated had he have had the stones to face Pulev. Whether you call it a duck or not the fact is Fury avoided Pulev, and from what i saw from Fury vs Chisors, USS and Pajkic it was for good reason he was looking to cash out versus Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by jknightx View Post
      Actually he did duck Pulev.
      Fury was schedule to fight Pulev in a eliminator and the winner would get Wlad.
      Tyson pulled out and said it was because he was trying to get a fight with Haye( and he was) then Thompson step in , lost to Pulev and Pulev then got to fight Wlad for the title.
      Calling it as you see it dont go down well in regards to Fury chat. He has some hardcore fans who were convinced Haye's shots would bounce off of his teflon chin.

Comment

Originally posted by jknightx View Post
        Actually he did duck Pulev.
        Fury was schedule to fight Pulev in a eliminator and the winner would get Wlad.
        Tyson pulled out and said it was because he was trying to get a fight with Haye( and he was) then Thompson step in , lost to Pulev and Pulev then got to fight Wlad for the title.
        Yeah we all know the background, but that fact remains that it wasn't a duck.

Comment

I'd say Chagaev, Ibragimov, 2000 Byrd and perhaps several others are better wins than Haye.

But at least Klitschko receives some credit for beating Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            What's trolling about what I said? If you're a top 5 heavyweight, some say top 3 , then fight someone good.
            Like Molina or that French guy?

Comment

I'd watch a Pulev vs Jennings fight.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
                I'd watch a Pulev vs Jennings fight.
                Jennings was offered the fight after Fury ducked Pulev, clearly he was as unsure about himself as Fury was in regards to facing Pulev and earning a mandatory crack at Klitschko.

Funny isnt it when guys like Fury say it isn't about the money, why lie to his fans ?

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
                  Yet Fury ducked him.
                  ... to fight a former world champion with 10x the power and resume of Pulev... Yeah...

Comment

Despite being a Fury fan I like Pulev and hope he can regain some of the standing he once had. A fight between the two would be excellent and highly entertaining. I hope to see it get made sometime down the line.

Comment

Haye is the win with the most western exposure/hype, or at least among them.

He's beaten guys who would have beaten Haye but they were eastern Euros so the current boxing establishment didn't blink and just thought it was some warmup.

Comment

Working...
                      X