Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Any Of You Only It Healthy Food?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cheat regularly but I mostly eat healthy.

Gets easier as you go. It was hard starting out, but now I'm used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrush View Post
      the human body cant adjust that fast. 2 weeks is nothing if youve eaten all that crap for 20 years. it takes about a year for your body really adjust

i dont understand why youd do that anyway. floyd dont even do that so whats the point. you can eat or drink crap every now and then, just not every day. maybe try to avoid it when you have a fight coming up but even then its silly, nobody in here fights at a level where nutrition would make a difference in a fight unless all you do every day is eat a huge cake and drink pepsi
      This dude usually posts sensibly but ignore this one, listen to what dannnn said. Once you go without crap for a while u literally will be put of by it next time u see it and that includes weed/alcohol.

Fit Body = Fit Mind
      Last edited by jonesy; 07-29-2010, 08:32 PM.

Comment

I eat healthy when I'm training (junk food maybe 1-2 times per week), the only time I diet strictly (watching kilojoule intake, controlling portions, no junk at all etc) is to make weight. It's not necessary to give junk food up completely in order to be healthy, as long as you aren't stuffing yourself with it all the time it isn't that bad. And if you aren't watching you're weight for a weight class sport like boxing, I have no idea why you would want to completely cut out all junk food. Just unnecessary.

Comment

It depends on what you consider healthy food. If you mean only eating tofu and veggies then no.

But if you mean not eating fast food, candy bars, soft drinks, chips and all that bull****, then yes. I had taken a hiatus from not eating those things but i have been back at it for about a month.

I only drink water, no juice, no soda.

I never eat mc donalds, kfc, wendys and all that stuff.

For meals sometimes it's hard, i don't have all the time to cook ultra healthy food.

Like today i had a deboned chicken breast and canned raviolis for dinner. Are canned raviolis healthy food? Probably not, but they are certainly better than french fries.
          Last edited by Equilibrium; 07-30-2010, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jonesy View Post
            This dude usually posts sensibly but ignore this one, listen to what dannnn said. Once you go without crap for a while u literally will be put of by it next time u see it and that includes weed/alcohol.

Fit Body = Fit Mind
            i actually talked to a nutrisionist and she explained all that to me so i guarantee you im right with what i said, that it takes a long time for your body to adjust

if staying off junk food, alcohol, cigs, drugs for 2 weeks is all you need to do for your cravings to go away this world would be stacked with healthy people. the reality of course is that it doesnt work that way. you cant just stay off something for 2 weeks and then suddenly expect not to feel like smoking or drinking or eating fast food ever again because your brain feels grossed out by it. doesnt work that way. which is why overweightpeople that do a diet after months of not eating fast food still fall back to their old behavior and gain all the weight back and then some because their body wont just stop asking for fast food and lots of fat. theyve done that their entire life it wont just magically go away after 2 weeks. same with cigarettes, alcohol, drugs. we wouldnt have any of these problems if they just went away after 2 weeks. everybody can stay off something for 2 weeks. but why do these people cant get off any of that even after many months of not doing any of that? its because the body hasnt adjusted

if you stay off something for a year theres a good chance that permanently you wont feel like you need that **** anymore, thats when the body adjusts. your body doesnt adjust after 2 weeks. just because you feel like a particular day after 2 weeks you know what i dont need cigarettes today doesnt mean your body adjusted. its just one day. a month later, 2 months later, 3 months later or whatever youd probably kill for a cigarette, a six pack, drugs or fast food.

but whatever
            Last edited by Bullrush; 07-30-2010, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Everybody is different, for me 2-4 weeks is fine. Im quite a healthy guy though and im not 'addicted' to anything so im only talking small things like say chocolate or soda for example. Obviously the longer you go without the more your body will adjust. Given, if you've smoked for 20 years yes it would take you a longer time to kick the habit than someone who has smoked for only 2 years but that is obvious. We were initially talking about junk food so i think a month or so is enough time to cut it out of your diet. The reason being if you are living a healthy lifestyle, you shouldn't want to put anything unhealthy into your body. I guess it depends how serious you take your exercise and diet. Some people do forget they go hand in hand.
              A big part of the discipline is mental, so if you are weak minded it will be harder. You must resist temptation if you really want the results. Sacrifice is essential. Ask any top athlete.

*Tip* If you are finding it difficult or changing your diet drastically then cut down/out in stages. Cut out what you can, cut down what you can't.
              Last edited by jonesy; 07-30-2010, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrush View Post
                i actually talked to a nutrisionist and she explained all that to me so i guarantee you im right with what i said, that it takes a long time for your body to adjust

if staying off junk food, alcohol, cigs, drugs for 2 weeks is all you need to do for your cravings to go away this world would be stacked with healthy people. the reality of course is that it doesnt work that way. you cant just stay off something for 2 weeks and then suddenly expect not to feel like smoking or drinking or eating fast food ever again because your brain feels grossed out by it. doesnt work that way. which is why overweightpeople that do a diet after months of not eating fast food still fall back to their old behavior and gain all the weight back and then some because their body wont just stop asking for fast food and lots of fat. theyve done that their entire life it wont just magically go away after 2 weeks. same with cigarettes, alcohol, drugs. we wouldnt have any of these problems if they just went away after 2 weeks. everybody can stay off something for 2 weeks. but why do these people cant get off any of that even after many months of not doing any of that? its because the body hasnt adjusted

if you stay off something for a year theres a good chance that permanently you wont feel like you need that **** anymore, thats when the body adjusts. your body doesnt adjust after 2 weeks. just because you feel like a particular day after 2 weeks you know what i dont need cigarettes today doesnt mean your body adjusted. its just one day. a month later, 2 months later, 3 months later or whatever youd probably kill for a cigarette, a six pack, drugs or fast food.

but whatever
                I dunno dude, it might take a long time for your body to recover and fully adjust to a healthy diet, but with sugar and junk food, 2 or 3 weeks was enough for me for the cravings to completely go away, I havent eaten any sugary crap for ages now and I never get cravings, and I used to be a huge sweet chomper.

With cigs I quit a year ago, and it really is true when they say its the first 3 days the cravings are the worst, after that its its easy goings..... Once you get past the 2 week hurdle usually your body has adjusted somewhat and the cravings go away, the reason why most people fall back into smoking (or diet or whatever) maybe a month or so later is usually because of psychological reasons rather than any actual physical cravings.

Comment

I just had a pizza like 5 mins ago , I stay away from soda and **** though; trying not to eat cookies and candy

Comment

Have a cheat day every two weeks, raise the carbs on weekends, and eat regulary to raise your metabolism, if you got a hard physical job like mine your burn it off or do the cardio which i do on the weekend. Carbs in the morning, none after 7/8 pm.

Comment

Originally posted by SPREAD View Post
                      Have a cheat day every two weeks, raise the carbs on weekends, and eat regulary to raise your metabolism, if you got a hard physical job like mine your burn it off or do the cardio which i do on the weekend. Carbs in the morning, none after 7/8 pm.
                      Whats your job?

Comment

Working...
                      X