No announcement yet.

One hit wonders of boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El.Naranjito707 View Post
    Probably because he was in prison for a crime he didnt commit...
    He went to prison in 66', his career took a nose dive in 64' after his loss to Giardello and he was never going to improve, loosing all his big fights before going too prison against Tiger and Rodriguez and plenty of boxers that the man that beat Griffith wouldn't have lost too. Unless you're suggesting that if he didn't go to prison he makes some huge comeback ?.
    Last edited by NChristo; 02-07-2012, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hhascup View Post
      I lived a few blocks away from the murder. I knew Carter and Artis and even went to the court house to report on the case when I was in high school in Paterson.

Here's the real story, not the one you saw in the movies.

http://www.graphicwitness.com/carter/index.html
      not buying it.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
        He got his huge win in Griffith (Forgot about Ellis fight) and did nothing after, one (two ?) hit wonder.
        The Benton win too.

Nothing compares to that amazing Griffith win though.

Comment

He went to prison in 66', his career took a nose dive in 64' after his loss to Giardello and he was never going to improve, loosing all his big fights before going too prison against Tiger and Rodriguez and plenty of boxers that the man that beat Griffith wouldn't have lost too. Unless you're suggesting that if he didn't go to prison he makes some huge comeback ?.
          Prison ruined Carter's career. Didn't you know?

Had Carter not gone to Prison he would have been an ATG.

It doesn't matter that he was 7-7 between 65-66.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
            not buying it.
            What aren't you buying?

He was found guilty 2 times. He was never found not guilty.

I lived just a few blocks away from the Lafayette Grill and I was a BIG fan of Carter because he treated me pretty good. He use to pitch on a softball team and when he saw me he would say, hey kid, do you want to be our batboy.

With that said, I truly believe he and Artis did the murders. I know several people that were very close friends with the police captain and they all stated that he was a very fair and honest guy.

I also read the web site many times, as it was up-dated several times. I once printed out all the information and it came out to over 500 pages, BUT it's a very good read.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
              not buying it.
              Sounds like an angry racist white guy got mad.
              Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Prison ruined Carter's career. Didn't you know?

Had Carter not gone to Prison he would have been an ATG.

It doesn't matter that he was 7-7 between 65-66.

Back in those days fighters had balls and fough a lot win or lose. Not like todays divas.

Comment

What aren't you buying?

He was found guilty 2 times. He was never found not guilty.

I lived just a few blocks away from the Lafayette Grill and I was a BIG fan of Carter because he treated me pretty good. He use to pitch on a softball team and when he saw me he would say, hey kid, do you want to be our batboy.

With that said, I truly believe he and Artis did the murders. I know several people that were very close friends with the police captain and they all stated that he was a very fair and honest guy.

I also read the web site many times, as it was up-dated several times. I once printed out all the information and it came out to over 500 pages, BUT it's a very good read.

Seems like a lot of information on the page but it's kind of unorganized, any parts in particular you find most interesting / advise checking out ?.

Comment

Originally posted by El.Naranjito707 View Post
                  Sounds like an angry racist white guy got mad.

Back in those days fighters had balls and fough a lot win or lose. Not like todays divas.
                  Carter wasn't even in the top 10 at the time he was arrested.

Comment

Seems like a lot of information on the page but it's kind of unorganized, any parts in particular you find most interesting / advise checking out ?.
                    I know it's a lot but if you really start getting into it, it will be very interesting.

Comment

Carter wasn't even in the top 10 at the time he was arrested.
                      Doesn't matter if he was or wasn't. No one will know what could of been.

Comment

Working...
                      X