No announcement yet.

Who was the best offensive fighter in history

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was the best offensive fighter in history

Best combos head movement and all that fast knocks outs and fighters that offense was there defense?

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
    Best combos head movement and all that fast knocks outs and fighters that offense was there defense?
    Sugar Ray Robinson should be the most popular answer in this thread by a longshot.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
      Sugar Ray Robinson should be the most popular answer in this thread by a longshot.
      also Hearns. with his power over multiple weight classes and the fact he arguably has the best jab and straight right of all time(not to mention very good body shots and left hook when he used them), I think he fits the bill.

Comment

Robinson (obviously)
        Louis
        Leonard
        Pacquiao

Those are the first names that come to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
          also Hearns. with his power over multiple weight classes and the fact he arguably has the best jab and straight right of all time(not to mention very good body shots and left hook when he used them), I think he fits the bill.
          I find this subject hard to pick for the most part, but I don't think Hearns is on the same level as Robinson in terms of offensive, not only could he fight at all distances, but he had a much better chin too.

Comment

I already touched on why it's difficult to measure.

But from what I have seen I would say Joe Louis.

From what I have read maybe Harry Greb or Bob Fitzsimmons.

But seriously anyone in this section could reel off 50 names off the top of their head, it's such a difficult task.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
              Robinson had no weaknesses and his left hook > Hearns' right hand imo.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                I already touched on why it's difficult to measure.

But from what I have seen I would say Joe Louis.

From what I have read maybe Harry Greb or Bob Fitzsimmons.

But seriously anyone in this section could reel off 50 names off the top of their head, it's such a difficult task.
                Greb did lack power though.

Comment

In terms of textbook punching Joe Louis and Ricardo Lopez spring too mind

Comment

Duran deserves a mention too

Comment

Working...
                    X