David Price: 'I'd be interested in Deontay Wilder bout'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Price: 'I'd be interested in Deontay Wilder bout'

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/boxing/n...ut_107635.html

Honestly this guy needs to stay the **** away from Wilder.... He's gonna put Khan to shame with the twerking he'd do if they fought.... wtf is he thinking?

Price needs to go back to basics. He has great power but is a disaster defensively and seems to have no boxing brain at all. His best bet is to beat up on a few bums and hope to talk his way into a big money fight against somebody like haye or fury so he can cash out. If haye was to beat fury and price got a couple of wins (again stick to the bums) under his belt I wouldn't be surprised if haye took the fight - easy fight known opponent . then Price can at least get a good pay day before he quits for good.

Comment

I want this fight!

Two olympic bronze medalists, both the same age, same height with around the same reach. Both uncoordinated with nothing but a big right hand & no chin..

Nothing to separate them really, straight shoot out, a case of who lands first!

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        I want this fight!

Two olympic bronze medalists, both the same age, same height with around the same reach. Both uncoordinated with nothing but a big right hand & no chin..

Nothing to separate them really, straight shoot out, a case of who lands first!
        i can't see wilder agreeing to this fight. Bad as Price is he has a pulse and can bang.

Comment

Whats up with all these brittish boxers wanting to show there club moves on TV "price on the dance floor better not kill the groove"

Comment

This needs to happen.

Comment

British chins!

Comment

I might be the only person who thinks this, but I'm yet to be convinced that Price's chin is the problem.

Hate taking anything away from Tony Thompson, but I think the knockout shot in the first fight was a complete fluke. The shot landed right below the ear, a place that can really mess with your equilibrium, a factor that will be even worse for a man so big.

Obviously the second fight was no fluke, but it revealed Price's big problem - stamina. From what I've heard he was actually in tremendous shape for the second Thompson fight, had done a lot of roadwork and more than enough rounds in sparring, but come fight night he gassed early due to nerves. You could see how tense and nervous Price was the second he stepped in the ring. The big fella was expending a great deal of nervous energy before the fight even started and then he shot what remained of his wad trying to get Thompson out of there quickly in panicky attacks. The occasion had too much significance in terms of his career progression for a fighter that inexperienced mentally. Frank Maloney should have recognised this and insisted he at least got a tune-up under his belt first.

On-topic: I don't necessarily think a fight with Wilder is terrible for Price, but he certainly isn't ready. The big lad needs to get his confidence back first and he needs a mentor to teach him how to control his nerves and maintain composure in the ring. Wilder isn't exactly the finished artlcle either, and a fight between him and Price would definitely be fun while it lasted.

Comment

Originally posted by violaandme View Post
                  Whats up with all these brittish boxers wanting to show there club moves on TV "price on the dance floor better not kill the groove"

I am from the U.K & love British boxing but what is it with our fighters and doing funky dances?
                  You've got Khan who does the samba everytime he gets hit.
                  Price who does a full breakdancing routine like a turtle on its back
                  Last weekend we had Curtis Woodhouse doing the 'Zab Judah, don't play with matches' chicken dance

Have to love British boxing, they can't just get knocked out, they have to go down dancing or get up dancing in spectacular style.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post

I am from the U.K & love British boxing but what is it with our fighters and doing funky dances?
                    You've got Khan who does the samba everytime he gets hit.
                    Price who does a full breakdancing routine like a turtle on its back
                    Last weekend we had Curtis Woodhouse doing the 'Zab Judah, don't play with matches' chicken dance

Have to love British boxing, they can't just get knocked out, they have to go down dancing or get up dancing in spectacular style.

Comment

Working...
                    X