No announcement yet.

feel good story of an drug addict and alcoholic turning his life around

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feel good story of an drug addict and alcoholic turning his life around

a good friend of mine from my teens & early 20's who i haven't really seen much of the last 10 years has completely turned his life around. he was an A student in school, got a university degree in business, & was also a foreman for a huge paving company in edmonton. he turned to cocaine & the bottle. he was a violent drunk & couldn't stay away from crack. he lost his house & job & disappeared with no contact with his family for sometime. when he didn't show up for xmas 7 years ago his parents got worried. they are wealthy so they paid a P.I to find him. when he was finally located in a slum hotel he was found by the police with a big rock, a bottle of vodka & a loaded gun. he was ready to shoot himself. he was put into lockdown to dry out for 90 days... 7 years later i just saw him today & he is the superintendant for that paving company now. makes $110000\year salary, has paid off a condo in that time & has $200000 in the bank at 38. $800\month bills & gets $6600 after taxes each month working or not. he doesn't drink but smokes pot. he looks like he's aged alot but he looks good. he will be retired at 51 as a millionaire & his only issue is he doesn't know what to do with all his money. he stays at home & plays video games. he won't travel because he's not a site seeing type of guy, he doesn't go to bars because he said if he has a beer he might as well give his boss the keys to the company truck. he golfs sometimes with family but has no social life. he says he doesn't care though. he has a FWB he sees once or twice a month but wants no steady GF. he has no worries in his life but running the job. it was great to see him doing so well but he told me he hasn't found that thing in life that makes him happy. he lives a paranoid life in a sense because at anytime he could fall off the wagon because everyone he knows drinks & he was a raging alcoholic to the point if he didn't drink a bottle of vodka he would get sick & Go into convulsions, etc.... i wish i could give him advice on what to do with himself. he smokes pot to relax so he is not completely living a sober life but what can a guy do? i told him if he ever wanted to join me in cuba he was welcome. i wouldn't drink around him if he came with me or if we go hang out...
    Last edited by joe strong; 07-13-2012, 10:24 PM.

Originally posted by S.I.L.V.A
    Lol do you expect posters here have the ability to read that? Didnt read. Cool story though.
    i just type...paragraphs & grammer are not exactly my strong points...

Comment

Paragraph, bro.

Just hit enter after every 3-5 sentences if you have too. It'll make things much more readable.

Wall of text is always a big nono.

Comment

Those guys obviously can't read bro, good story and good outcome, props for the post

Comment

Good for him for screwing up and getting his **** together and making it right. Does he want a cookie? Because I'm really not one to hand out congrats for people I don't know being really really good at paving driveways and/or holding yield signs...

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
            Good for him for screwing up and getting his **** together and making it right. Does he want a cookie? Because I'm really not one to hand out congrats for people I don't know being really really good at paving driveways and/or holding yield signs...
            You're a hater man, I bet he makes more money than you that's why u on here hating

Comment

his family is rich so what do u expect he is like paris hilton man version,

Comment

good for him but it sounds like he still a ticking bomb...

Comment

Originally posted by WitherGlove View Post
                  You're a hater man, I bet he makes more money than you that's why u on here hating
                  If you pave lots for a living and make six figures I absolutely do have a problem with it...and he absolutely does make more money than me doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tino Quintero View Post
                    his family is rich so what do u expect he is like paris hilton man version,
                    Very true but that doesn't take away from his desire to want to change, it takes a certain will power to want to stay away, he has money so he can easily get back into the habit if he wanted to

Comment

Working...
                    X