Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which boxer has the best power mechanics?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Joe Gans was indeed famous for his falling step and how loud it was.

But Jack Dempsey wouldn't have been the one who taught it to him. Dempsey was only like 15 years old at the time of the Old Master's death.
    Yeah... I don't know what I heard. As you say the dates are off. It could be the reverse...that Dempsey was using Gans technique. That certainly would make more sense! lol.

Could it be "Panama" Joe Gans?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panama_Joe_Gans

Comment

Joe Gans was indeed famous for his falling step and how loud it was.

But Jack Dempsey wouldn't have been the one who taught it to him. Dempsey was only like 15 years old at the time of the Old Master's death.
      He might be refering to Nonpareil.

But Gans looked to have made it his own.

Good call on Louis.

He takes it on efficiency.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
        All time?

Duran p4p
        Joe Louis
        Chavez sr
        Mike mccallum
        Alexis arguello
        Kostya tsu

Those are the best "punches" I have ever seen. Every shot is a balanced perfectly leveraged punch.

If we are talking contemporary fighters it was probably Cotto. This Inoue looks like he throws very nice punches as well.

I don't rate Canelo up there, he's too muscle bound his shots come too wide. Golovkin has good punching mechanics as well.

Thankyou mate thanks to everyone that answered I read all properly all were useful some really useful! Thanks guys!!!

Comment

Mike Tyson and its not close when you add in speed which generates power to an existing power /hard puncher.

while SOME are arguably harder hitting maybe more power to the mechanics he had was a far better technique then any thing we ever saw from Marciano.

Punching mechanics has to be technical and accurate,he is way ahead of Marciano in these two areas.

Besides that Marciano had smaller gloves and fought guy below 200 pounds as accumulative k.os should have come easier even if hes 185 himself 90% of the time .

Marciano also wore guys down through hitting the guard/arms of them to produce wearing down guys. It would be way more effective with those old less padded horse hair gloves more like BAG gloves.

Mechanics are also different for each fighter but hooks produce more impact punching bc it utilizes more muscles simulateneously and is able to drive into a punch compared to staright punches.

Wilder is also involved here just bc he wails away and has enough lean muscle with speed to generate a huge impact if he hits you right.

Personally i'll take M.Tyson,T. Morrison ,A. Joshua ,Wilder, Foreman to name a few over Marciano.

W,Klitcko may have also been the hardest hitting straight puncher and L.Lewis over hand right was no joke either,it all depends what one looks at , Razor Ruddock left hook looks equally damaging to a wilder right hands ,so....plenty of things to actually study on the subject.
          Last edited by juggernaut666; 11-08-2019, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
            Yeah... I don't know what I heard. As you say the dates are off. It could be the reverse...that Dempsey was using Gans technique. That certainly would make more sense! lol.

Could it be "Panama" Joe Gans?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panama_Joe_Gans
            Panama Joe Gans was a Dempsey sparring partner. Perhaps that is where the confusion came in.

But I don't think he was known for his loud, booming falling step like the original Joe Gans.

Comment

Panama Joe Gans was a Dempsey sparring partner. Perhaps that is where the confusion came in.

But I don't think he was known for his loud, booming falling step like the original Joe Gans.
              he was known as a big puncher, and yes, a sparring partner for dempsey.

Im thinking that It was Gans who may have shared information that Dempsey had an interest in. The step is a big part of how Dempsey teaches body mechanics. He may have used Gans as an example, or something. thats all I can figure.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                Mike Tyson and its not close when you add in speed which generates power to an existing power /hard puncher.

while SOME are arguably harder hitting maybe more power to the mechanics he had was a far better technique then any thing we ever saw from Marciano.

Punching mechanics has to be technical and accurate,he is way ahead of Marciano in these two areas.

Besides that Marciano had smaller gloves and fought guy below 200 pounds as accumulative k.os should have come easier even if hes 185 himself 90% of the time .

Marciano also wore guys down through hitting the guard/arms of them to produce wearing down guys. It would be way more effective with those old less padded horse hair gloves more like BAG gloves.

Mechanics are also different for each fighter but hooks produce more impact punching bc it utilizes more muscles simulateneously and is able to drive into a punch compared to staright punches.

Wilder is also involved here just bc he wails away and has enough lean muscle with speed to generate a huge impact if he hits you right.

Personally i'll take M.Tyson,T. Morrison ,A. Joshua ,Wilder, Foreman to name a few over Marciano.

W,Klitcko may have also been the hardest hitting straight puncher and L.Lewis over hand right was no joke either,it all depends what one looks at , Razor Ruddock left hook looks equally damaging to a wilder right hands ,so....plenty of things to actually study on the subject.
                Fcuking hell why is every 1 a fcuking troll how does thatw ork and its so shi,t wtf r u guys doing

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
                  Why do you talk?

Seriously, it hurts reading the stuff you type. It's like you're trying to injure us.

For one, I really, really like Marciano's mechanics. I get such a stiffy watching him KO guys.

But to act like he's on the level of a guy like Dempsey, or Robinson, or Williams, or Jackson, or Lomchenko... it's so ridiculous.

And "not even close" LOL. What you are seeing is a man with limited muscle ability compensate by using the whole of his body. But it's not efficient at all. Not even close. And it lacks fluidity.

Watch McGovern decapitate Gans. Then try to tell me what Marciano has on him. It's like watching a dude swim through cement.
                  Kinematic chains, I was pretty clear. Kinematic chains are what you watch for power. Look them up, then look at Rocky, and look at everyone else you mentioned. Yes, Marciano, and it's not even close.

If one asked "Who is most similar to bare knuckle era techniques" would you bring up Lomachenko? Nope, that's dumb as **** isn't it.

If you were clever you'd realize they are the same. bare knuckle era techs center around power and kinematic chaining, plus line of sight and other things, but most kinematic chains.

Finally, your opinion is one of the lowest. I really don't care. You're one of these guys who doesn't know how to elevate or diminish without comparing to who you say is great. You're limited in philosophy.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                    Kinematic chains, I was pretty clear. Kinematic chains are what you watch for power. Look them up, then look at Rocky, and look at everyone else you mentioned. Yes, Marciano, and it's not even close.

If one asked "Who is most similar to bare knuckle era techniques" would you bring up Lomachenko? Nope, that's dumb as **** isn't it.

If you were clever you'd realize they are the same. bare knuckle era techs center around power and kinematic chaining, plus line of sight and other things, but most kinematic chains.

Finally, your opinion is one of the lowest. I really don't care. You're one of these guys who doesn't know how to elevate or diminish without comparing to who you say is great. You're limited in philosophy.
                    xFFFDDDDDDDDDDDDD kinematic, of fcuk its a real word lmao
                    Last edited by AlexKid; 11-09-2019, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
                      xFFFDDDDDDDDDDDDD kinematic, of fcuk its a real word lmao
                      You needed to edit to deliver this?

Comment

Working...
                      X