Zab Judah 147
    Baldomir 147

Oscar de La Hoya 154
    Ricky Hatton 147

JMM 147

Mosely 147

Ortiz 147

Cotto 154

I believe the toughest fights here are DLH (2007) at 154 and Cotto (2012) at 154.

The question is, how would the following welterweight fighters do against Mayweather's resume (in context)?

Cotto
    Felix Trinidad
    Paul Williams
    Margarito
    Pacquiao
    Any other fighters you think could have done well against this opposition...
    Tito would beat them all. No one else would. Pacquiao already got KTFO by 40 year old Marquez so, we know for a fact that he loses to at least one of them. Unlike most people these days, I think the 154 Oscar was so vastly different from the shell that Pac fought, it wouldn't be a remotely similar fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
      Mayweather Jr (9-0-0) 3 KOs

Sharmba Mitchell 147

Zab Judah 147
      Baldomir 147

Oscar de La Hoya 154
      Ricky Hatton 147

JMM 147

Mosely 147

Ortiz 147

Cotto 154

I believe the toughest fights here are DLH (2007) at 154 and Cotto (2012) at 154.

The question is, how would the following welterweight fighters do against Mayweather's resume (in context)?

Cotto
      Felix Trinidad
      Paul Williams
      Margarito
      Pacquiao
      Any other fighters you think could have done well against this opposition...

Trinidad beats all of them.

Cotto beats them all except Oscar at 154.

Williams beats them all. Oscar at 154 would be the toughest fight for him.

Margarito beats them all except Cotto at 154, Mosley and Oscar.

Pacquiao beats them all except for Oscar at 154 and JMM obviously. He might lose to Cotto at 154 pounds he wanted him originally at 143 pounds for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Any version of Pacquaio destroys any version of Cotto.

Only fighter who goes through that resume undefeated IMO is Trinidad.
        I had 2012 Pacquiao in mind against the Cotto who Mayweather fought, just wondering how it would have gone if the Pac who fought Bradley would have stepped up against Cotto at 154. I don't think Pac would have had the power to stop a 154 Cotto and I also think that Cotto's jab and added size would have created problems for Pac. I could see Pac edging a competitive decision, but it would have been a tough fight for him I think.

The version of De La Hoya that fought Mayweather hardly used the jab and had little footwork and I think that would have played in more to Pac's style, but that's another fight that could go either way.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
          Tito would beat them all. No one else would. Pacquiao already got KTFO by 40 year old Marquez so, we know for a fact that he loses to at least one of them. Unlike most people these days, I think the 154 Oscar was so vastly different from the shell that Pac fought, it wouldn't be a remotely similar fight.
          At some point it became fashionable to say Manny drains them, that to me was heavily exaggerated but if one man was drained to the core, it was Oscar.

Comment

I had 2012 Pacquiao in mind against the Cotto who Mayweather fought, just wondering how it would have gone if the Pac who fought Bradley would have stepped up against Cotto at 154. I don't think Pac would have had the power to stop a 154 Cotto and I also think that Cotto's jab and added size would have created problems for Pac. I could see Pac edging a competitive decision, but it would have been a tough fight for him I think.

The version of De La Hoya that fought Mayweather hardly used the jab and had little footwork and I think that would have played in more to Pac's style, but that's another fight that could go either way.
            2012 Pacquaio kills 2012 Cotto. Any version is a terrible style match up for Cotto and he get's killed 10 times out of 10.

Their fight clearly indicates this.

I could see the Oscar that Mayweather fought giving Pacquaio some problems but ultimately I'd expect Pacqauio to beat him.

The only person who beats Pacquaio from that list IMO is Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              For the record I feel Williams, Trinidad, go through them all undefeated.
              Pacquaio has 1 loss to JMM.

I feel many, many others throughout the years go through all of those undefeated too taking into consideration when he fought most of them.
              There are many, many fighters through the years that would go through his 147/154 resume without a loss. It's not really very good.

His 130, 135 resume is excellent. Really good. The rest not so much.

Imagine how good someone like Ray Leonard would look going through these guys? Hearns would demolish all of them brutally. Hell, even a 154 fatass, old, tired Duran would beat all of them. He'd annihilate everyone at 147 without batting an eyelid and the only fight tat would be remotely close would be the Oscar fight at 154, but even the 154 Duran would be savvy enough to beat that version of Oscar I think. Due to his fat, lazy arse at 154 though it's too hard to say with certainty. A bit too inconsistent at 154 and up.

Comment

Tito is the only one that beats them all and he is probably the best welterweight of the last 2 decades, so what point are you trying to make?

Comment

Cotto fought probably as good as I've ever seen against Mayweather. In fact, I think it's arguably his greatest performance. Nonetheless, Pac would always beat Cotto. The Pac that fought Marquez would still beat Oscar, Hatton, Cotto, Margarito, Mosley and Clottey just as easily as he did then.

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                  At some point it became fashionable to say Manny drains them, that to me was heavily exaggerated but if one man was drained to the core, it was Oscar.
                  Absolutely. No one else was drained. Cotto was fine. Margarito was just shot at that stage and though he struggled mightily to make weight, it wouldn't
                  have made the slightest difference. He could have made weight the best ever and it still wouldn't have changed anything. He was shot to ****.

However, Oscar was done. I think it's arguably the worst case of weight drained I've ever seen.

Comment

The Punisher
                    Oscar
                    And Tito walk through Floyd's resume undefeated.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                      Tito is the only one that beats them all and he is probably the best welterweight of the last 2 decades, so what point are you trying to make?
                      I love head-to-head fantasy fights where everyone has seen the fighters involved multiple times and can make educated opinions as to the outcome. I think a lot of these match-ups are interesting and debatable so I wanna see what people say.

Example: How do you think these would have gone?

Margarito (2007-08) vs. De la Hoya (2007) at 154
                      Pacquiao vs Cotto (2012) at 154
                      Cotto (2012) vs De La Hoya (2007) at 154

Comment

Working...
                      X