Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ward: You Have to Tip Your Hat to Judges of First Kovalev Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tip of the hat to the 10th round.

Comment

Originally posted by MantisToboggan View Post
      Great mind games by Kovalev twitter/instagram account
      I haven't read em. What's he saying?

Comment

Originally posted by moochi View Post
        Good troll. That fight was so convincing for Kovalev, that i haven't even watched a replay. Fights get scored live and that was a comprehensive win for Kovalev.... I wouldn't know how many rounds because i stopped counting after 10 as he was way up by then.

Watching a replay after a robbery doesn't do it justice as your mind is conditioned to try and find ways to give it to the guy who was gifted the win.
        You're exactly what Virgil is talking about. You've seen Kovalev land a few heavy shots early on and you've made your mind up. You're probably a Kov fan, so a bit of conformation bias going on there too.

Leave the judging to the judges, because if you think Kovalev was 'way up' and it was 'a robbery' then I wouldn't trust you to score any fight.

Come on here say you thought it was close but you had Kovalev, for sure. There were a lot of close rounds.

But it's no robbery and you need to get over it.

At the end of the fight I genuinely thought Ward had sneaked it, but though Kov would get the decision for winning a few rounds more convincingly, plus the knock down. I was surprised to see Ward take the win for that reason. But I felt he had the momentum.

I think Ward is going to surprise a lot of people in the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          tip of the hat to the 10th round.

Hahaha nice! The judges must have gotten much more than a tip of the hat for that one.

Comment

Undisputed Champion

Winston Churchill Quote:
            Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.

- There's only one Undisputed Champion, which one will be King?

Comment

I thought Ward stole a lot of those close rounds from Kovalev due to his inactivity. There was no sense of urgency in him; None whatsoever.

He appeared content on just simply coasting and carrying Andre to the finish line; This even happened when it was clearly established that he was the much stronger and bigger puncher of the two after dropping and hurting him several times.

The fact of the matter is, he simply blew it. I believe had Sergey been at least as twice as busy as Andre Ward in those later rounds he could have easily won that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                So, what he's saying here is that you'd have to be an expert with scoring experience to see how he won the fight. Because to the untrained eye, it seemed Kovalev won

nah, he is saying that the casuals will see whatever they want to see, and the professionals were doing their job

to the untrained eye, a mother giving birth looks like a woman with a hangover taking a dump

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                  nah, he is saying that the casuals will see whatever they want to see, and the professionals were doing their job

to the untrained eye, a mother giving birth looks like a woman with a hangover taking a dump
                  Not sure where you've seen child birth that looked like that...but anyway...

I thought we were talking about professional sports writers and such (that scored the bout for Kovalev) rather than casuals. Further, are you saying that casuals are delusional, or even hallucinating, to see things that don't actually happen ("casuals will see whatever they want")? Or are you simply restating your original position that the casual observer won't see a Ward victory, and that it takes a professional boxing judge to see how he could have won?

Comment

Geez, unhinged section of the ballet I see. Maybe an intermission is overdue, eh? 'No way it was a bogus win for me, cuz all 3 judges had it the same. See. I proved it right there.'

Typical Olympic fighter thinking they're always gonna win... cuz ... reasons. Wow, is this idiot ever gonna look stupid when Kovalev puts his lights out this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post

I like the part when Hunter calls out the media for 'coming out of their lanes' , if they scored the fight for Kovalev.

But then praises and name checks SKY Sports for scoring it for Ward. Those guys are ok to 'come out of their lanes'. Because they didn't score it for Kovalev.

Hunter is an hypocrite, but no more than others in the business.

The problem I have with Hunter is despite lying and playing the devil advocate, he acts like he's a kind of semi god who hold the truth.

Also with Hunter, everybody is against Dre : HBO, medias, the people. They are the good ones and others devils.

That's funny because Ward is being pampered by medias and judges, just like any american fighter.

Proof is Dre being ranked P4P number 1 for fighting 3 bums and having a close fight with Kova in 5 years.

Then you have Hunter going all "leave Britney alooone".

Comment

Working...
                      X