Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P4P yea but FOTY no, at least not yet.

Comment

#1 pound 4 pound yes, FOTY No

If he beats Beterbiev or Stevenson someone of that caliber then you can make a strong case for FOTY

It also depends on what happens with other fighters this year and who they fight and beat

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        good job...you have a ward avatar bwahahahahahahahahahahaha

i never said you were anti ward genius but hey, im the crazy infantile one lol

"bwahaha?"

as for the comment about whether you said i was anti ward, you said i have "an agenda" that's driving my feelings toward the fighter / his career. what other agenda were you referring to.

i know it hurts you to hear this, but i have spent money to go to las vegas to see both floyd mayweaher [your real hero,] and andre ward [the guy you worship now that floyd mayweather has retired,] fight. i was not there to see or root for their opponents, and i don't care if you don't believe me. bet money on both guys to win on points, too. which they did.

Comment

but i thought kov is a bum doe lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            Ummm. Do you mean Dre at #1 already? P4P is utter BS anyway, but what if you felt Kovalev deserved the nod in the first fight? How would you have Dre above Kov?
            There's perception and then there's reality. Hypothetically speaking I would still give Andre Ward p4p No1 if Pacquiao isn't mixing it with the likes of Thurman, Brook etc. because I respect the outcome of an event. Reality is that Ward won so he gets top slot. Kovalev gets his chance at redemption it's not like Ward retired.

Originally posted by New England View Post
            lomachenko would beat ward's ass if they were the same size, you know it, and that is the only thing that matters in a p4p list. and you know it.
            P4P also includes resume as well no?. I respect his Walters win 100% but Ward unified a division. Let him take care of his first division without another loss before we compare him to Andre Ward. I do love Lomachenko as a whole but we need to slow our roles.
            Beating Mikey would be on par with a Froch/Kovalev win.

As for me knowing Loma would whoop Ward? Tough one I can't lie. Some of the stuff I seen him pull off vs Sosa is the best Boxing I've ever witnessed on film. The irony of his Matrix theme tune & attire.
            However, Andre also has am pedigree. Lomas one kryptonite seems to be inside fighting & I can only base that on the Salido loss. The way Ward rag dolled Froch around the ring whilst also having Kovalev SCARED to fight on the inside makes me lean to one way.

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            i agree with this. loma has great footwork, hand speed, punches from all angles, throws all different types of punches, switches from head and body, can slip punches while ward has a pretty good jab and holds and hits. not sure how on a skill level you can say ward is better. wards also never fought a fighter with fast feet or hands his entire career. he would get lit up while trying to clinch and stopped by the pillow punching loma
            Froch & Kovalev wins trumps anything Loma has achieved in the pros or faced as of yet. Can he at least right his wrong vs Salido or give us a Mikey win before we adorn him as numero uno?.
            Meritocracy.
            Last edited by REMOVE SHARK 55; 04-18-2017, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
              There's perception and then there's reality. Hypothetically speaking I would still give Andre Ward p4p No1 if Pacquiao isn't mixing it with the likes of Thurman, Brook etc. because I respect the outcome of an event. Reality is that Ward won so he gets top slot. Kovalev gets his chance at redemption it's not like Ward retired.

P4P also includes resume as well no?. I respect his Walters win 100% but Ward unified a division. Let him take care of his first division without another loss before we compare him to Andre Ward. I do love Lomachenko as a whole but we need to slow our roles.
              Beating Mikey would be on par with a Froch/Kovalev win.

As for me knowing Loma would whoop Ward? Tough one I can't lie. Some of the stuff I seen him pull off vs Sosa is the best Boxing I've ever witnessed on film. The irony of his Matrix theme tune & attire.
              However, Andre also has am pedigree. Lomas one kryptonite seems to be inside fighting & I can only base that on the Salido loss. The way Ward rag dolled Froch around the ring whilst also having Kovalev SCARED to fight on the inside makes me lean to one way.

Froch & Kovalev wins trumps anything Loma has achieved in the pros or faced as of yet. Can he at least right his wrong vs Salido or give us a Mikey win before we adorn him as numero uno?.
              Meritocracy.
              Why is Kovalev rated top P4P and Walters not, when Walters hasn't had a close fight against a mediocre opponent (Chilemba), and Walters has a better resume (stopping Donaire who was borderline/bottom of the P4P list)? Prior to Kovalev's fight against Ward, and Lomachenkos fight against Walters, Kovalev was still highly rated and Walters was nowhere.

Nobody can offer a legitimate explanation. They always resort to flaming.

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
                Why is Kovalev rated top P4P and Walters not, when Walters hasn't had a close fight against a mediocre opponent (Chilemba), and Walters has a better resume (stopping Donaire who was borderline/bottom of the P4P list)? Prior to Kovalev's fight against Ward, and Lomachenkos fight against Walters, Kovalev was still highly rated and Walters was nowhere.

Walters had a close fight right before that fight when he fought Jason Sosa. It was a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                  Walters had a close fight right before that fight when he fought Jason Sosa. It was a draw.
                  Wait what? You must have missed the fight, man. Go watch it.

That was a robbery. Sosa won only like 1 round. I'm 100% serious.

I wouldn't be surprised if Arum played a hand in that, just to get him to fight Lomachenko.

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post

I rate the Walter's win 100%. I rated him highly after he axed Nonito & I still rated him while he was on the shelf. My only reasoning is that Kovalev stayed active beating Pascal again & beating Chilemba who must have been ranked up there in the rankings. Chilemba is/was a tricky customer every time I seen him fight.

Comment

of course, whoever wins decisively should get the p4p throne but i think it'll be like the first, the rivalry is beginning to feel like pac vs marquez to me

Comment

Working...
                      X