No announcement yet.

Overeem Accepts Fedor/M-1′s Challenge But Must Wait After K-1 WGP

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overeem Accepts Fedor/M-1′s Challenge But Must Wait After K-1 WGP

Alistair Overeem Accepts Fedor/M-1′s Challenge But Must Wait After K-1 WGP | Steve Rattlesnake

Just translated his Dutch post in Mixfight.nl:

About the party(The Fight) I’ll make it short;
    The party is sure .. I’ve waited long enough for Fedor and did not answer so now I do K-1 ..
    Fedor and M-1 may now wait for me .. And all that happiness around M-1 and other characters doesn’t interest me, however, the party of Overeem vs Fedor is sure since no one is afraid of anybody anymore.

Demolition Man .. uuhh Oh yeah it’s The Reem now, lol

It really sucks that Fedor-Werdum went the way it did. Everyone was looking forward to Fedor-Overeem but now I'm not sure it'll happen (despite the comments that both parties have made) and the fight has lost a bit of its attraction because of Fedor's defeat, and I think it'll be a shame if Overeem goes off to K-1 and loses. Even though it's different rules it's still fighting and I do think it impacts upon how MMA fighters are judged.

Comment

Overeem almost certainly WILL lose at the K1 Grand Prix. He's not the best kick boxer in the world. However, he's a stunningly good kick boxer considering how strong an MMA fighter he also is. His losing at K1 in the past has never hurt his MMA credentials before. It'd be like a good MMA striker doing very well in a professional boxing tournament against the best guys in the world, but ultimately not winning.

Comment

Probably blame Bloodstain Lanes latest video for Overeems change of heart, Bloodstain really pushed the right buttons and peeved off Bas and challenged Overeem to prove himself.

Still, Overeem better not drag this too long because once Werdum gets better then Fedor and his team will definitely want to avenge that loss first.

Overeem should really take advantage of this once in a life time offer by Fedor, its not often that Fedor and his team calls out any fighter. Forget K-1 and concentrate on MMA as you previously promised Overeem.

Comment

Working...
        X