No announcement yet.

Quick Question about Reach

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Question about Reach

When they measure reach, its from the armpit to the end of teh glove right? so how the hell is is possible for say Shane Mosley, to have a 74" reach? 74" = 6 feet and 2 inches right? so thats impossible. what am i missing here?

Originally posted by ExecutiveOutlaw View Post
    When they measure reach, its from the armpit to the end of teh glove right? so how the hell is is possible for say Shane Mosley, to have a 74" reach? 74" = 6 feet and 2 inches right? so thats impossible. what am i missing here?
    It is from the armpit to the end of the fist. And it is 74 cm you mean.

Comment

Originally posted by p4pking_2007 View Post
      It is from the armpit to the end of the fist. And it is 74 cm you mean.
      he doesnt mean 74 cm either , it is 74 inches .

theres two ways people measure reach like you said theres armpit to fist .

and then u open ur arms and measure from finger tip to finger tip . thats where ud get 74 inches from . this is technically your wingspan and isnt a great indicator because it measures across your chest also so if two guys have the same wingspan but one guys chest is not as wide as the other in reality the guy with the smaller chest has the longer reach though theyd still measure the same.

your wingspan is also usually your height or a bit more than your height , in my case im 5 11 " and my wingspan is 71 inches , wich is exactly 5 11".

Comment

Originally posted by Down4TheCount View Post
        he doesnt mean 74 cm either , it is 74 inches .

theres two ways people measure reach like you said theres armpit to fist .

and then u open ur arms and measure from finger tip to finger tip . thats where ud get 74 inches from . this is technically your wingspan and isnt a great indicator because it measures across your chest also so if two guys have the same wingspan but one guys chest is not as wide as the other in reality the guy with the smaller chest has the longer reach though theyd still measure the same.

your wingspan is also usually your height or a bit more than your height , in my case im 5 11 " and my wingspan is 71 inches , wich is exactly 5 11".
        ah i see its wingspan. yea that does seem pointless i dont get why they measure it that way

Comment

also, black people tend to have long arms

Comment

I always thought so too. And I find it very charming that some extremely black people looks exactly like a gorilla in the face department, but without the fur
            Evolution is very hard to argue with when we have so much evidence about where we came from.

Comment

Originally posted by tyson View Post
              I always thought so too. And I find it very charming that some extremely black people looks exactly like a gorilla in the face department, but without the fur
              Evolution is very hard to argue with when we have so much evidence about where we came from.
              LOL, i was about to say something similar.

here we call long arms "monkey in the arms"

Comment

Originally posted by judge_jab View Post
                also, black people tend to have long arms
                lol i guess it must be from the good ol jungle days!

Comment

Working...
                X