Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Joshua v Wilder need to be in America?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
    Nobody cares about Wilder then? Brits would order a PPV at 3 in the afternoon, They would order it at 3 in the morning.
    Good for you. More of a reason to have it in America then. Boost the viewers. Looks like you answered your own question.

Not my fault there’s nothing to do in your country than sit inside of a pub all afternoon.

Comment

They could still hold it Wembley and have a late start time.

But to be honest the PPV would still more less be the same if it was on through the night in the US as most would stay up

The ticket prices for this at Wembley would sell for double, no one gets them for the cheap prices shown anyway, you always end up paying more

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
        It’s a HW fight between two of the best so it should be held at wherever generates the most money, plain and simple.

Sure the crowds are bigger and more electric in england but arent their tickets much cheaper or somesht like that? Lol. I dont give a sht if 90,000 people show up and their tickets were like $30.

It needs to be in America,probably Vegas.
        How do we know it doesnt bomb in America? Dont forget Wilders new google hits turned him in to some overnight star yet when the fight came his numbers were DOWN. Not up, not improving, not rising. DOWN. Then on top of this the Wilder fans are adamant that nobody in the states cares or knows who Anthony Joshua is.

So thats a Brit that nobody knows about in America v an American nobody cares about in America. How do we know this fight does so well in the States? We all aready know how well it would go in the UK cuz all Anthony Joshua fights do massive in the UK and gets sold around the world and thats what Anthony Joshua puts on the table. What is Wilder putting on the table?

We can predict what happens in the future but there has to be a good amount of stats, facts and data from fights that have already happened to forecast things. It just seems Wilders side are forecasting things based on what OTHER FIGHTERS have done and are not using their own facts and stats. Cuz if they did the numbers just dont stack up.

Is it maybe a bit of a gamble to play this one in America? Are we going to have to gamble on it being a huge success? Both fighters could take a huge loss on Showtime PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
          Good for you. More of a reason to have it in America then. Boost the viewers. Looks like you answered your own question.

Not my fault there’s nothing to do in your country than sit inside of a pub all afternoon.
          ....this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

Does that mean you have just confirmed that nobdy gives a **** about Deontay Wilder? Or are you saying people love Wilder that much its just too much for them to actually pay to go watch him fight or watch him on TV?

And there are plenty of other things to do in the UK other than sitting in a pub all afternoon. Its just that none of them are better than sitting in a pub all afternoon.

Comment

How do we know it doesnt bomb in America? Dont forget Wilders new google hits turned him in to some overnight star yet when the fight came his numbers were DOWN. Not up, not improving, not rising. DOWN. Then on top of this the Wilder fans are adamant that nobody in the states cares or knows who Anthony Joshua is.

So thats a Brit that nobody knows about in America v an American nobody cares about in America. How do we know this fight does so well in the States? We all aready know how well it would go in the UK cuz all Anthony Joshua fights do massive in the UK and gets sold around the world and thats what Anthony Joshua puts on the table. What is Wilder putting on the table?

We can predict what happens in the future but there has to be a good amount of stats, facts and data from fights that have already happened to forecast things. It just seems Wilders side are forecasting things based on what OTHER FIGHTERS have done and are not using their own facts and stats. Cuz if they did the numbers just dont stack up.

Is it maybe a bit of a gamble to play this one in America? Are we going to have to gamble on it being a huge success? Both fighters could take a huge loss on Showtime PPV.
              It’s a gamble either way, and I don’t know ****. Only difference is, I’m the only person on here admitting that he doesn’t know ****.

What I do know, or at least what I feel is that you guys will support a British boxer no matter what, just because he was born on British soil. It’s way bigger over here landwise though. In the states you’ll have New York fans boo Boston fighters and that’s a stones throw away. You guys will support AJ no matter what time he’s on. There’s too much over here. Saturday night for a boxing fan and there’s 3-4 cards on, and you also have baseball, basketball, hockey right now and the weather in the evenings is just beautiful right now

Likely because I’m also that guy who’s been saying from day one he doesn’t care about percentage splits, locations, etc. I’ll order it for $100 to watch them fight in an empty arena. I don’t care, just want to see the fight. Don’t care who wins either TBH.
              Last edited by _Rexy_; 05-26-2019, 05:42 AM.

Comment

British stoppages.

Comment

Does that mean you have just confirmed that nobdy gives a **** about Deontay Wilder? Or are you saying people love Wilder that much its just too much for them to actually pay to go watch him fight or watch him on TV?

And there are plenty of other things to do in the UK other than sitting in a pub all afternoon. Its just that none of them are better than sitting in a pub all afternoon.
                  My last post explained your first question. Recently edited it before I saw this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
                    British stoppages.
                    Forgot this one! personally I’m glad Wilder/Fury was in the USA. Wilder would have gotten a KO victory, but the fight was better with fury getting up and going to the draw.

Comment

Brit’s will travel Americans wont

Comment

Working...
                      X