Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andy Ruiz Drops Anthony Joshua Four Times, Stops Him in Shocker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MastaBlasta View Post
    AJ doen't need a rematch now. It would ruin him. He needs to recuperate, accept a loss, begin figuring out why he wasn't prepared for this fight, and start retooling.

Forget about who makes/made the most money, and get back to wanting to actually be better than everyone AND WANT to prove it.

And he definitely needs a new promoter, someone who cares more about him than conquering the boxing industry (and being such a cad at the same time).

In the right hands AJ will be fine. He is still one of the best.

yea good post, I pretty much agree..... but to be fair, Hearn (who has lied through his ass) knew what was up..... and so did Joshua

not gonna go right into in, but the problem is the plethora of belts..... we saw the blueprint with my boy Parker

neither were ready to fight all comers when they first won a strap..... Parker KNEW that beating Ruiz for a vacant title would land him that Joshua payday, which is why he took the fight..... they cared about that payday, not about developing and putting himself in the best possible position to WIN those fights when they arrive..... like Wilder did for the first 40-odd fights of his career

Joshua first hinted years ago that he will not be rushed into fighting Wilder, and that he needs more time to develop..... and guess what, I heard Joshua say the same thing less than a week ago here in a boxingscene article..... that he will benefit by having more time to develop.....

that is why they bizarrely killed the fight with Wilder back when they had him on the hook for $15m

here is the link.....

https://www.boxingscene.com/joshua-e...-favor--139494

neither of them were the finished product

neither is Wilder, he is still developing..... and yep, he will get better no question

Fury is the closest to a finished product..... but he will get better/sharper as well with more activity at a higher level

Comment

• AJ needs a better trainer. The jab was nonexistent. He will bounce back, but dang congrats to Ruiz. Too bad wilder vs aj is a no go, should of been a great ppv fight.

Comment

• I'd like to see wilder do any better, it's your night Aj haters but the champ will be back stronger than ever... y'all should be on the lookout

Comment

• Originally posted by paulf View Post
          That feel when all the heavyweight champions are American.
          LoLoL! I know they are sick ... they were wishing this very thing on Wilder vs Breazeale, and look what happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
            I agree it can take forever for sum people, me included to get their sleep pattern perfect, but that’s usually on a huge time difference. But London is only 5hrs ahead. He had a couple weeks. If he teleported from UK it still would have been only 3am. Late for sure if he woke up early morning UK time. But it’s not like he would be putting in a full day of hard work on any fight night. Some people sleep better than others. We’ve all played contact sports with no sleep or something equivalent. But I also know after 36hrs with no sleep I start seeing things and can’t trust anything I perceive. Travelling to far away land is always tough. It just is.
            I’m from TN and we’re on CST. So London was six hours ahead of us and as you said five ahead of NYC. And it was a pretty big difference for me. I just read that AJ trained in MIA. He looked very lethargic even before the fight during the anthems. He looked like he was almost in a trance standing in the corner. I kinda assumed that he was just a little annoyed at three different anthems being played. I know I would be. If he was in MIA a couple weeks, wonder if the heat and humidity affected his ability to train as hard as he’d like. When I was in London, the locals over there told me that if it gets to about 25C over there, it’s like a freaking heatwave. That’s only about 80F. 80 in MIA is almost like a relief. And we just had a major heatwave in the Southeast the last week or two. Here in TN, we were creeping up on triple digit heat indexes everyday for 10+ days straight. So I can only imagine how hot it was in MIA. That could also have been tough on a guy that’s not used to hot weather.

Comment

• Originally posted by Calibaloc View Post
              Cool but I wasn't talking to you. You are probably one of the secretly butt hurt fans. What Happened Tonight will just make it easier for Wilder to unify the belts. Because Ruiz is with PBC. I know that upsets you but you will be ok...I think.
              No you're wrong I said it here I was rooting for Andy all the way, as I have Mexican blood on my mother side but that does not mean I didn't see what happened in the negotiations between Finkle(because Wilder didn't even speak) and DAZN.

I am one of the biggest Brits critics here and always said that Britons have nothing but domestic level fighters, but I wanted Wilder to sign with DAZN so that he would KO A. J. but Ruiz got to him first.

Comment

• Originally posted by landotter View Post
                Man, good for you!! Wonder was the crowd stunned silence, or amazed explosions of noise?
                Pure shock.

The crowd was basically a UK Crowd. The first KD, total total shock.

Comment

• First Mexican Heavyweight Champion of The World!

Comment

• Mexicans officially run boxing!!! Lol never underestimate the aztec blood.

Comment

• Originally posted by diplo View Post
                      No, biggest loser = Jarrell Miller. What a mug.
                      Jarrell shoving AJ off the stage broke AJ;s confidence. They had not allowed anyone to manhandle him like that .... I think that stayed on his mind, even after Big Baby blew the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X