Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Election undervotes/overvotes. How does this even happen in 2018?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [REAL TALK] Election undervotes/overvotes. How does this even happen in 2018?

In a day and age where you can order your food at McDonalds through a touch screen, how come the goddamn voting system machines cannot be made better?

How do undervotes and overvotes happen? How can you vote for a republican and democrat or for none at all on a machine? How can you press to vote for a republican and democrat senator at the same time? Why is there not a feature that tells you there's an error, and to recheck your vote, or better yet, it should simply block the other side once you've voted for one.

And if someone messed up on their paper ballot, and put in a vote for both, than their vote should be disregarded because they are a moron.

And then to have a computer algorithm try and figure out which party you actually intended to vote for? Probably Democrat, am I right?

For crying out loud, it's a circus. I really don't get all this drama. How can this even happen anymore?

Also, a photo ID should absolutely be required for any Federal election. POTUS should make a bill and send it to SCOTUS.

It's ridiculous.

See LBJ 1948 senate election in Texas. This is what the Dems do.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyndon..._1948_election
    Last edited by Theodore; 11-16-2018, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
      In a day and age where you can order your food at McDonalds through a touch screen, how come the goddamn voting system machines cannot be made better?

How do undervotes and overvotes happen? How can you vote for a republican and democrat or for none at all on a machine? How can you press to vote for a republican and democrat senator at the same time? Why is there not a feature that tells you there's an error, and to recheck your vote, or better yet, it should simply block the other side once you've voted for one.

And if someone messed up on their paper ballot, and put in a vote for both, than their vote should be disregarded because they are a moron.

And then to have a computer algorithm try and figure out which party you actually intended to vote for? Probably Democrat, am I right?

For crying out loud, it's a circus. I really don't get all this drama. How can this even happen anymore?

Also, a photo ID should absolutely be required for any Federal election. POTUS should make a bill and send it to SCOTUS.

It's ridiculous.
      I don't know how widespread voter fraud is in my state - Massachusetts - probably because no one has investigated it.

When I vote for any election in my city (Boston), I am asked for my name and address and then a ballot is given to me. I could go and vote multiple times at different polling stations and no one would question me, just give the name and address, and you get a ballot. I think the system is rife for abuse.

Comment

Chucky Cheeze can count tickets accurately but Florida can’t count votes.

Comment

LMAO you lose it’s rigged
          It’s not fair

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            I don't know how widespread voter fraud is in my state - Massachusetts - probably because no one has investigated it.

When I vote for any election in my city (Boston), I am asked for my name and address and then a ballot is given to me. I could go and vote multiple times at different polling stations and no one would question me, just give the name and address, and you get a ballot. I think the system is rife for abuse.
            I've noticed only conservative states like Texas seriously crack down on voter fraud compared to liberal ones like California and Massachusetts.

Comment

It's an antiquated system.

Comment

We all know whats going on here. We need voter ID like no tomorrow.

Comment

I think they liked it easy to corrupt cuz both sides were probably & are probably doing it. Cuz otherwise I can't believe this is what either side thinks works.

And I still contend they should fire 90% of these mfers & just let us The People vote via an app on most of the sh^t these dumb f#cks are arguing about daily while getting very lil done. Its 2018. We don't need ANYONE team D or team R or team I to represent us now like in the old timey days. We can represent ourselves & decide how to handle the issues in our country. Then a skeleton crew of higher level politicians can deal with the sh^t well above our pay grade. That'll be putting democracy back in the hands of the people more than betting on some corrupt politician who had to spend half his time in office raising money to try to extend his stay in office. Its a highly f#cked up, old timey & broken system beyond how we elect this corrupt mfers.

Comment

Politics are destroying America smh. Hopefully we’ll wake up soon

Comment

Working...
                    X