No announcement yet.

New Zealand Senator blames the Muslims for the Mosque attacks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
    We have a kind of mash-up of laws which can include things termed as hate speech.

For example, there has been a lot of debate about Section 18C of the Racial Discrimination Act:

(1) It is unlawful for a person to do an act, otherwise than in private, if:

(a) the act is reasonably likely, in all the circumstances, to offend, insult, humiliate or intimidate another person or a group of people; and

(b) the act is done because of the race, colour or national or ethnic origin of the other person or of some or all of the people in the group.

Although we have had some reasonably sensible judgments where the judge was very clear that islam is not a race, and is therefore not protected by this kind of legislation.
    Judges have also been pretty consistent with the above legislation, in saying that it can only apply where there is a significant impact.

But 18C has been used as a weapon by activists, and done damage to innocent people.

https://theconversation.com/qut-disc...failings-68235

I hate to think how much worse it would be if the laws become more draconian.
    Thank you sir, for the detailed response.

Comment

Who do the Islamists who run the dystopian police state UK blame this on?

After all...

No objections I assume?

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
        Muslims conduct terrorist attacks/kill a bunch of people in Europe...public reaction = “meh”

White dude conducts terrorist attack/kills a bunch of Muslims in New Zealand...public reaction = “white nationalism! Ban guns!! Islam is the religion of peace!!!”

How did we get here?
        true,
        why is a muslim only a terrorist
        but a white person that does the same thing
        is not only a terrorist but
        racist
        right wing extremist
        white supremacist and so on

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
          Also, Muslim refers to a religion, not a race.

Many liberals can't seem to understand that concept.
          Because to them everything is about race. When muslim is mentioned the racist liberals picture a brown person.

Comment

Inside that bastard is cheering. No reason to use that moment to criticize unarmed people who were praying.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
              Considering the ratio of Muslim terror attacks vs terror attacks against muslims is over something like 999:1, I reckon Muslims can take the primary blame

It's unrealistic to imagine a world where people just lay down and never do it back to you
              White nationalists have committed 73% of terrorist attacks in the US since 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
                White nationalists have committed 73% of terrorist attacks in the US since 2001
                I'm not sure what your own personal extreme beliefs or your motive for lying might be, but I don't want anyone else to read it and spread it around.

For anyone interested:

https://www.start.umd.edu/pubs/START...US_Nov2017.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
                  I'm not sure what your own personal extreme beliefs or your motive for lying might be, but I don't want anyone else to read it and spread it around.

For anyone interested:

https://www.start.umd.edu/pubs/START...US_Nov2017.pdf
                  Extreme beliefs lol

Your citing a report from 1970-2016

The numbers I put up are from 9/11 to today and were cited on Fox News

Anyone who claims that terrorist attacks from white right wing nut jobs aren’t increasing is either a liar or a fool
                  Last edited by Tomjas; 03-15-2019, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
                    Extreme beliefs lol

Your citing a report from 1970-2016

The numbers I put up are from 9/11 to today and were cited on Fox News

Anyone who claims that terrorist attacks from white right wing nut jobs aren’t increasing is either a liar or a fool
                    I'm glad I could inform you that they were wrong, but you should have known that from the ridiculousness of the statistic. No serious resource comes even remotely close to that.

Racially motivated terrorism (even all races combined) accounts for a small % of terrorism.

Comment

There's some happy people on this site right now, I'm sure.

The fact that he refers to this act of terrorism as an act of 'vigilantism' tells you all you need to know about this guy.
                      The irony of this is that it was committed by a white nationalist immigrant, but yet Muslim immigration is to blame. Muslims account for 1% of New Zealand's population for crying out loud.

Comment

Working...
                      X