Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermall Charlo: I'll Be Stronger at 160, I Want a Middleweight Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
    what quality? Am i missing all these killers at 154? Charlos moving up cause its a hunk of **** division, as most of these 'jr' weights usually are. Was shocked when i saw people were saying 154 was best division in boxing in that thread the other day. Swear i follow a different sport to most of you lot.
    Andrade, Lara and the Charlo's would all be very decent competition on Triple G's resume. Golovkin has pretty much run through MW assuming he wins his next fight. I'd favor all those guys over Eubank Jr or Billy Joe Saunders.

Comment

Originally posted by batista84 View Post
      The only problem for Canelo @160 is GGG, he beats anyone else in the division, Canelo is gonna be a stronger and better fighter @160.

Only respectable name on Charlo's resume is Trout and Trout gave him a lot of problems.

Now if you gonna reply to me with "Well , he gave Canelo's problems too" that was when Trout was undefeated on his total prime, not only that but Canelo now is far a better fighter thatn he was when he fought Trout.

Canelo > Charlo, hope the fight happens soon.
      He should've faced Jermall for the 154 IBF title in Texas, but rather face nobody Liam Smith. Jermall is from Texas, would have gotten even more people interested.

Comment

Originally posted by batista84 View Post
        Aside from BJS the other belts are in posessin of GGG, and right now GGG demolishes Charlo, he don't want none of Golovkin.
        He has said he wants Triple G in interviews but I doubt his handlers will go for it for atleast a couple fights. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt though. He hasn't ducked any challenge in his career. The guy fought J Rock, Trout and signed on the dotted line to fight Andrade (who backed out). I have full confidence that if Loeffler presents the fight to Charlo after he's had a couple MW fights that Jermall would not duck. Right now Triple G has bigger fish to fry. He's got DJ, possibly Canelo in September and of course he will jump at the chance to get BJS in the ring. When all thats done, Charlo will be there for him if he still wants to fight against top competition at MW.

Comment

It would behoove any middleweight to go the WBO route, then look to take on GGG/Jacobs winner before Saunders gets a chance to lose his belt to him.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
            I love how you revert to call me a troll, because I've questioned something you've not taken the care to think about properly. Great response.

The top 15 competitive ? Thats literally the same in most divisions. That's because they are all on the same lower level, apart from the Brook/Spence winner, Pacquaio and Garcia/Thurman winner. Thats all you have. Pacquiao is cashing out. Spence/Thurman could be all hype yet. Both unproven. That is the welterweight elite offering.

I could compare that roster to 160 - Golovkin, Jacobs and Canelo. Saunders, Hassan, Lemiuex and Eubank sitting beneath them. Yet 160 is abysmally weak according to you. The difference isn't really that big..

Glamour and star power have no bearing on it being a strong division. Thats simply you being fooled by media coverage and hype. If you want a strong division, go look at Cruiserweight, 175 or 130.
            Agreed.

Though, I think you ought to have mentioned 115lbs, too.

Comment

Originally posted by hammyholdup View Post
              Charlo is full of ghetto belly gas and reefer breath. Why not fight Lara or Canelo?? Charlo is basically a low hood type without any class.
              Somebody deport this scab

F8ckin roach.

Comment

Originally posted by juandabomb View Post
                No ...lemieux/stevens winner is a better test for this thug
                Read the cover of the book and now think you are Fucking Yoda.

Comment

Charlo was huge at 54'. Middleweight is the more natural division for him. I hope he takes a live opponent for his debut at MW. Lemeiux, Lee, Stevens, N'Dam or BJ'S would be fine. That's a big ask I know but he can compete with all of the above. I'd have to see him vs a contender at mw before I would say to fight 3G.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                    he'll struggle at 160. big step up in quality from 154. in my opinion 154 is the most overrated division in the sport.
                    That's obviously true. There's a reason why all those 175lb SWWs are starving themselves to make 154 rather than moving up to MW.

Canelo would be favourite to beat anybody at 154, but would rather have his toenails ripped out with pliers than fight at 160.
                    Last edited by kafkod; 02-16-2017, 09:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                      If he goes Rosado to acclimatize, Korobov to test. and then a title tilt that would be entirely acceptable and a normal way to step up.
                      I never agreed with all these idiots demanding Golovkin to step up to 168 and fight PfP top 5 Ward in his FIRST fight at 168.
                      Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
                      Ward would school that 35 years old in any weight class.
                      Yeah .. because all Ward needs do to "school" somebody is get 3 American judges and make it to the final bell.

Comment

Working...
                      X