Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward on 'Little G' Golovkin: Fans Were Hoodwinked

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ward trying to stay relevant by talking about GGG.

Back to BET for you Ward, where you can be the undercard for the next Lepercaun in the Hood remake.

Comment

Bull**** saving face offer

GGG is fighting Lemieux next, than is scheduled to fight Cotto/Canelo winner,

He will than have 3 of the 4 belts if he comes through.

Ward has Dirrell's, Jack and Degale he can fight

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmed_Ismail View Post
        You're not a real boxing fan cuz if u were u would want Ward to fight GGG first and then fight Kovalev so that u get 2 great fights instead of 1, but because u don't want to see ur favorite fighter against a guy who can beat him and u wanna see that threat get beaten, u only want 1 of the 2 fights to happen.
        Ward is closer to Kovalev's size than GGG is to Ward's size. That is the logical fight to be made. The problem Ward is too scared to be in the ring with someone with a good fighter he doesn't have a strength advantage over.

Do you also insist on Floyd moving up for GGG?

Comment

Eh, can't blame GGG or more on point GGG's team as I kinda see GGG as a guy who's just focused on boxing & letting his team do all the business ****.

1)He's a 160lb guy & he has a 160lb fight that could help parlay him into better position to make more money via the PPV audience. Next time we talk about GGG vs Ward it might be 60/40 GGG if GGG can get some PPV **** popping. So solid business move.

2)If GGG's team is using the TR Mayweather comparisons & buildup with Pacquiao type stuff to enhance GGG's attention drawing ability fair enough. There is no denying that helped enhance Manny's position. I think GGG's team has taken several attributes GGG has & shaped them in much the same way TR did with Manny to amazingly make a foreign guy (or maybe non-North American would be more accurate) popular in a country that doesn't take to foreigners as well as other countries might.

To this day I believe Manny is the only non-US born, non English as a first language guy (idk if Oscar knew Spanish before English or not) in the top 5 PPV numbers & there is no denying TR had a large hand in that with how they shaped the Manny story even though I'm a big Bob Arum critic & rarely will miss that opportunity to **** on him I can say that. GGG's people would be wise to study & copy what worked & so far I believe they are.

Comment

50/50 ? Delusional...Back to Bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Luiz View Post
              50/50 ? Delusional...Back to Bet.
              Well Golovkin's team apparently would have accepted 50/50 if it was at 164 but we know that was just code for "We don't want the fight".

50/50 is more than fair. Golovkin has done high ratings on HBO as has Ward. Neither were PPV stars when the offer was made.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post

Golovkin turned down an official offer from Roc Nation to fight Ward.
                Ward said the offer was sent a month ago. Are they that delusional? He's a few weeks away from headlining his first PPV card, and on the verge of possibly getting the biggest financial card of his career (Canelo/Cotto). Why would he accept without first waiting out on the Canelo/Cotto outcome?

Comment

it's a no brainer that GGG's team had been wanting a unification. the opportunity was there so they took it.ward needs to step up and clean house again at 168 and let ggg clean house at 160 then next fall/winter it can be at 168 on ppv.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick_Rick View Post
                    Bull**** saving face offer

GGG is fighting Lemieux next, than is scheduled to fight Cotto/Canelo winner,

He will than have 3 of the 4 belts if he comes through.

Ward has Dirrell's, Jack and Degale he can fight
                    thats what i mean let them clean up the divisions and by next fall winter they can get it on

Comment

It will happen. Ward getting back in and GGG finally stepping up comp. Next year this will be a PPV

Comment

Working...
                      X