Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is 700k-800k a flop for Floyd..but 350k-500k for Manny is exceptable?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May-Guerrero was only a flop relative to the 32M guarantee. People are making fun of Showtime, not Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
      May-Guerrero was only a flop relative to the 32M guarantee. People are making fun of Showtime, not Mayweather.
      they got suckered by floyd. and i think they don't know what to do at this point. khan vs floyd would be another flop the wya i look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        What about all the money from Chinese ppv?

What money. Arum chose China to purposely have his PPV generate low numbers. Just ask BUNGALOWS

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
        Outside the US, bound to fail.

Anything above 350k was a success. Pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by TonitosWay View Post

1. ...it bombed but it was suppose to bomb.
          Do you really think that Arum went into this expecting it to fail?

Comment

I dont think its acceptable that manny does below 500k,,

but you also have to remember that floyd has a huge 32 million guarnatee he needs to recoup, so anything less than 1.2 million, and his salary isnt justified,, Now if floyd was only guaranteed 8 million or something like that, then it wouldnt be a huge deal,,

its like in the NBA, if your paying a guy 32 million he better score 30 a game a lead you to the finals,, if he is only scoring 22 a game and your bounced early from the playoffs, it would be a good year, but not a 32 million type year

Comment

difference between the two promotional companies is starting to get clear. the other one spends just enough to make a profit. while the other spends more than it makes. fact: floyd's gargantuan guarantee, he has to be supported with attractive undercards on a mexican holiday, which cost extra millions, etc. just by seeing these big ticket items is enough to see the differences.

Last edited by tomhawq; 12-06-2013, 07:23 PM.

Comment

I agree name sells tickets, but surely two losses on the trot affects your name? I thought the amount he sold overseas, with the losses was quite impressive. I thought Floyd-Guerrero sales were impressive for a mediocre opponent too (he was mandatory though, so I can't really complain about it).

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                  Showtime made the move to not only secure Mayweather's next 6 PPV fights, which will make them a lot of money on their own, but to build their boxing brand. Mayweather is clearly the biggest draw in boxing and with him on Showtime, it gives them a spotlight. They might have broken even at best on the Guerrero fight but they did do extremely well with the Canelo fight and it will pay dividends down the road. The PPV put a huge spotlight on Danny Garcia who will be one of the network's biggest stars for years to come.

Comment

500k over there kicks the **** out 800k over here with Guerrero, and they where both coming off wins and the guaranteed purse was ridic and ofc it took a loss but because of the fighters fees and expenses Manny fight was just as crappy as Guerrero match up except it was a ppv bounce back fight pretty much any day of the week the expenses of promoting the fight here and taxes here are ridiculous;therefore, they took a loss in the Guerrero fight but made a profit in the Manny fight.
                    Last edited by DannYankee; 12-06-2013, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Cuz Mayweather is an American black man

Comment

Working...
                      X