Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wlad's "weak" chin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think his chin is that bad. Haye would have knocked him out in the 12th if it was.
    Last edited by Sparked_26; 02-25-2013, 01:23 PM.

Comment

• not a terrible chin, but it is not a good chin and Wlad knows it, hence his style even though he selects weak to mid range HW opponents that he outweighs and outspeeds considerably. Wow, Wach was really bad, man. Havent seen a freak like that since Valuev.

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
        When answering my post, you ought to be brave enough to quote me. instead of running ****scared and backpeddling and clinching for dear life. Wonder where you learnt that tactic.

Wlad has never fought a great fighter, (Vitali has fought one) and this is common knowledge. So huge is your lie that your post gets automatic disqualification, if not being migitated by the fact that you infer its not his fault his era is so weak - that IS true.

I don't hate him at all, I am hapy to admire his good attributes. not that it will stop you repeating your old cop out phrase again and again.

I did there you go!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
          I don't think his chin is that bad. Haye would have knocked him out in the 12th if it was.
          Sure it isn't great, but for this generation is quite good and overall it's about average.
          You would need to be a huge puncher (bigger than Haye) to take him out with one punch.

Haye is a great puncher. It isn't easy to take a guy like Chisorra out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
            Sure it isn't great, but for this generation is quite good and overall it's about average.
            You would need to be a huge puncher (bigger than Haye) to take him out with one punch.

Haye is a great puncher. It isn't easy to take a guy like Chisorra out.
            That's exactly it. If Haye couldn't start the wheels coming off with a single shot and I think that shot in the 12th was pretty flush, there are not many others who could get Wlad 'going' at the top the division. Wlad took it and wrapped Haye up and closed out the round on top and was utterly professional.

Comment

• His chin isn't glass, but it certainly isn't very good. He's taken some big shots and got hurt. There's no shame in that. He's improved a lot which has helped him stay away. If he gets hit flush though, you better believe he'll be buzzed.

Comment

• I think Wlad's chin is average. It isn't weak or glass. Over the years he has developed his ability to absorb punches pretty well.

I think his chin is too often compared to Vitali's chin. Vitali has an iron chin, and so Wlad being knocked out makes for concluding comparisons.

It has to be said though, that Wlad has developed a safety-style of boxing, which often is an indicator that hes not 100% confident at aborbing big punches.

Comment

• How can you be so stupid?

The number "3 KO losses" is meaningless when you don't compare it to "How many total fights?" or "How many total rounds".

If anything at all, then 3 KO losses in 60+ ultraheavyweight fights is extremely little and a sign of a good chin.

Joe Louis was KOed by Max Schmeling (193lbs, 56-10). THAT is a bad chin.

Ali was viciously KDed by bum Henry Cooper (185lbs, 40-14). THAT is a bad chin.

Ali was KDed by half-blind featherfist borderline cruiser Joe Frazier (205 lbs). THAT is a bad chin.

Gassing and then getting knocked down by a 249lbs muscle mountain who outweighs you (Ross Puritty) is NOT a sign of a bad chin.

Guess what? Chris Byrd has approximately a KOratio like Evan Fields, yet Mike Tyson got KOed by Fields. Can you imagine Wladimir Klitschko being KOed by Chris Byrd? You guys would b*tch around for centuries how Wladimir must have a weak chin based on getting KOed by Chris Byrd.

As I write at...
                  http://www.heavyweightblog.com/478/w...amina-pressure
                  (where the thread starter has the pictures from)
                  ...Wlad MIGHT have a bad chin (or not). But you cannot deduct anything from his 3 KO losses because they had only very little to do with hard punches.

But I actually shouldn't write this here, because the nonsense about Wlad's chin HELPS Wlad, since opponents go for his supposedly fragile chin (hahaha) and hence that limits their strategies. It's like "chin bait".

Comment

• Originally posted by hweightblogger View Post
                    How can you be so stupid?

The number "3 KO losses" is meaningless when you don't compare it to "How many total fights?" or "How many total rounds".

If anything at all, then 3 KO losses in 60+ ultraheavyweight fights is extremely little and a sign of a good chin.

Ali was KDed by half-blind featherfist borderline cruiser Joe Frazier (205 lbs). THAT is a bad chin.

Gassing and then getting knocked down by a 249lbs muscle mountain who outweighs you (Ross Puritty) is NOT a sign of a bad chin.

Guess what? Chris Byrd has approximately a KOratio like Evan Fields, yet Mike Tyson got KOed by Fields. Can you imagine Wladimir Klitschko being KOed by Chris Byrd? You guys would b*tch around for centuries how Wladimir must have a weak chin based on getting KOed by Chris Byrd.

As I write at...
                    ...Wlad MIGHT have a bad chin (or not). But you cannot deduct anything from his 3 KO losses because they had only very little to do with hard punches.

But I actually shouldn't write this here, because the nonsense about Wlad's chin HELPS Wlad, since opponents go for his supposedly fragile chin (hahaha) and hence that limits their strategies. It's like "chin bait".
                    So a chin is worse if it is subject to a 'vicious KD' than a chin that is subject to being instrumentally KO'ed.

Hahahahahaha....

Ali had a bad chin!

Ahahahahahaha...... Long live NSB.

Comment

• Originally posted by hweightblogger View Post
                      How can you be so stupid?

As I write at...

You're in the lead (by FAR) for the most moronic post of the decade!!

Comment

Working...
                      X